1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Orioles @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2023.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

TOMORROW IS ALREADY A DAY OFF.

IBTL, Dredd and Radricky like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Seriously. Teams that play effective small-ball seem to kill us like the Guardians, Royals, and Orioles have. D-Backs are going to run a train on our pitchers.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wonder if Dusty is punishing Yordan for that strange last at-bat. 3 pitches own the pipe and he didn't swing.

Tomstro and desihooper like this.
  4. Radricky

Radricky Member

He literally says sometimes you need to sacrifice 1 game for the remaining 9.....

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is not true.
    If the Astros win their last 10 games, the Astros will win the division.

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i think johnnie is bencing yordan on purpose for last night's AB.

there's no point of resting when you have a day off tomorrow.

7. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Yeah man. That right there tells me a lot about this team mentality last few weeks or so. Similar to Chas on Monday Monday, stared at first 2 pitchers for strikes and swung at a pitch off the plate to end the game. There’s just no fight in them right now. I see better fight between fans at Texans game. Just really really sad.

8. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Dusty looked like he’s already packed up for his Hawaii trip in early October

9. Radricky

Radricky Member

He didn't like the way he moved and swung the bat.

10. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

This is only true because 3 of the games are vs Seattle. And the same exact thing can be said about them: if the Mariners win their last 11 games they will win the division.

Bottom line is that they are tied in the loss column and Seattle has the tie breaker.

If both teams win every game except those against each other, the team who wins that series is division champion.

from those other 7 games, if the Astros lose 1 more than Seattle does then the Astros must sweep them to win the division. If the Mariners lose 1 more than the Astros they only need to win 2 of 3 to take the division.

11. Erikv33

Erikv33 Member

Rest? Day off? Try working a 12 hr a day construction job 6 days a week. Swing a bat and stand In the outfield.. how exhausting?!

basketball, Jake Tower and Salvy like this.
  12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Dusty is clueless down the stretch. Reminds me of his past stints managing other teams.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

He is ready to retire, he does not want to drag this season any longer than he has to. Good riddance @ass hole...

IBTL likes this.
  14. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Dusty manages for a 162 game season regardless of what part of the season they are in.

Radricky likes this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not to mention these are top athletes world wide, at the peak of their careers and physical shape....

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ve always thought the rest days for position players without injuries was BS. The only thing grueling about playing baseball is the travel, having to be a catcher, and, in some cases mental. Resting pitchers is important obviously, but over-resting young players makes no sense. I’m curious how many other managers do so much “resting”.

Salvy likes this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Not Atlanta. And they have a ring in recent years.

Htown Stros likes this.
  18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I have so many receipts from people saying something along the line of "don't worry, it's early, this team will win when it matters...", every single month when this team was underperforming....

I just knew it was all culminating to this point where they're scrambling to put it together in the last 2 weeks. It's like watching an agonizing slow motion train wreck.

This is who Dusty is. He doesn't adapt. He doesn't strategize game to game, inning to inning. It's all about locker room vibes to him, Always no urgency. You see Orioles manager Hyde lining up his P's and Q's, even when they're up 4 runs in the 9th inning..he' s still doing mount visits. That's a manager who pro-active rather than re-active. He's not taking their AL-Lead for granted.. Night and day difference.

Radricky likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Love the Yordan REST DAY, LOL. **** you Dusty.

Radricky likes this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He's a true **** stain.

Salvy and Radricky like this.