1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Omer Asik a Houston Rocket (3 year/$25.1 million)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jul 1, 2012.

?

3-years, $25.1 million deal to Omer Asik -- is this a good deal for the Rockets?

1. YES

895 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. NO

446 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

He never said he won't re-sign here. You would do well to not speak so matter-of-factly.

2. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Don't disrespect me boy,I know what im talking about.There have been numerous reports saying Dwight wouldn't resign with Houston heck even his boy Rudolph was asked what are the chances Dwight stays in Houston if traded there he said "Come on man really HOUSTON don't waste his time".

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

LOL if you rely on Rudolph as your source.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

Lol yes, let's blindly believe all the media reports. If everything that was stated "in numerous reports" was true, LeBron would be a Knick and Dwight would be a net. "I know what I'm talking about", don't make me laugh.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

No, there have been reports of him saying he wouldn't sign an extension here (or anywhere for that matter). He hasn't said anything about not re-signing. Re-signing and signing an extension are two different things, learn what they are.

6. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I believe that Dwight fully sent out the message that he won't resign with Houston. However, IF he is traded here, how will he force his way out? All the teams he wants will be capped out. He can only go somewhere if he is traded. Rockets can call his bluff and let him walk. The NY and LA teams are capped out and can't offer anything above an MLE. Only Dallas, Atlanta and Cleveland can sign him outright. None of them can offer him more endorsement dollars, and HOU can offer $30M more (up to $50+ more over his career), and now there is the China possibility. I get that he's trying to force his way to LA. And he can only do that by scaring HOU. But if he is traded here, he's stuck. Remember Chris Webber literally cried when he was traded to Sacramento, and later admitted it was a blessing. People change. At the worst, HOU can trade for Bynum at the deadline.

But I say go after Howard now. Let's see if he'll really take $30M less to go to Dallas, Atlanta or Cleveland.

1 person likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You just got off the bus, boy, and are ignorant enough to talk that way to a contributing member who's been here for years? Respect is earned on this BBS, chump, and I don't see any aimed your way. From where I sit, you don't know jack. I suggest getting back on that bus, if you have enough bread to buy a return ticket to the ESPN boards. Good luck with that. With all respect due, of course.

3 people like this.
  8. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

hahahha, dude, you watch too much Fox news. Not everything that you hear is true. What you posted above, none of it, is true. Dwight will resign with Houston next summer at max for 5 years.

1 person likes this.
  9. aristophanes34

Disrespect... He just pointed out that you are incorrect. He didn't write anything about your poor grammar, spotty punctuation usage, or the fact you seem to be completely confused about what constitutes a complete sentence. He just pointed out that you're wrong... Which, is true. You are.

Come on. Kid... Disrespect... Really?

2 people like this.
  10. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It should be already started today.

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Whats up with teams running away from the rockets? Like seriously we are chasing them around the town with the offer sheet. My sources just told me that NY GM was found hiding in his closet when they finally served him the offer sheet. He said he was just taking a nap.

Like seriously, whats wrong with these guys? Accept it like a man and either match it or not. Simple.

12. Nero

Nero Member

Your information is incorrect, try again.

Of course he won't sing an EXTENSION.

He will sign an entirely new deal - that is a given.

However, you have misunderstood if you think that he can sign for the same amount anywhere.

Only his CURRENT team (us, hopefully) can offer him the maximum possible amount. If he elects to sign elsewhere, the max he could receive is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 million dollar less that we will be able to offer.

This is why we have high confidence that he will have no choice but to accept Houston as his new basketball home, and make the best of it by trying to follow in the legacy of great Houston centers, and great championship runs in the 90's.

I mean really, if the worst possible outcome is that you stay in Houston, make tens of millions MORE than you would have made, are embraced and loved by a city starved for a hero, and you enjoy the inevitable success which will find you here.. ok, bring on the worst.

Dwight may be a child emotionally, but surely he isn't also stupid.

13. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Oh my bad,im sorry.:rolleyes:

I hope we get Dwight.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Actually, his information was correct...

He was saying that signing an extension would mean a lot less money for Dwight than letting the contract expire and then signing a new one with that same team.

He didn't say anything about signing with a different team.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

That's exactly what djohn meant. He was implying he won't extend with anybody, but will in all likelihood re-sign.

Anyways guys, we should probably redirect the Dwight talk to the Dwight thread.

16. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Yeah good idea.

Sorry for jumping on you earlier,I just had a little rant my wife made me angry earlier and I took it out on you.

1 person likes this.
  17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

No worries bro. I didn't take any offense.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Nero

Nero Member

Duh, my dad, I totally misread it. You were completely right DJohn :)

(slaps self in head)

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This thread is turning gay really fast.