1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Well he's paid like a low-to-mid level guy.

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Vince Wilfork?

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And Brice McCain has agreed (soon signing) with the Dolphins, per his agent <a href="https://twitter.com/davidcanter">@davidcanter</a></p>&mdash; Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/575730796482465793">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

For 8.5M, I will cut him in a heart beat and take my chances with my young player or look hard in second and third round for replacement.

I will rather spend the money on a WR and probably a decent LB.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Keep him for one more year. By then you should have a better idea who your #2 CB will be out of Bouye, Morris, and Rolle. Cut Graham. Sign LBs. Draft a WR and TE.

Too many young CBs on the team already.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Pretty obvious Kubiak screwed our cap.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

It was a good couple of years though. The Texans were actually regarded as legitimate superbowl contenders. How long before that happens again? lol

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Not really. The Texans' cap isn't terribly screwed. Right now, with still-incomplete data, they rank 16th in cap space - most of the teams ahead of them are, not surprisingly, bad; most behind them are better.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Approach him about a pay cut (or a restructure and extend) and if he declines then cut him. Can't be paying him at a $12MM cap hit this year.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Unless you have someone you *really* want/need willing to sign, let Joseph stay. We're not going to find a better CB for the 8 million bucks we save cutting him.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Cushing is really the only one... can't be giving a guy off of a torn ACL that kind of money without seeing regular game action first. Could argue the Foster deal as well but I think he has produced enough to where it hasn't been THAT much of an overpay.

13. Commodore

Commodore Member

[​IMG]

14. megastahr

megastahr Member

man the info for texans stuff is nothing compared to the rockets side.

Normally I dont even google anything for nba/rockets info. I just pull up clutchfans and I have more info than I neeed.

With the texans I dont really know much...cant find many resources on google either.

Will we have enough to sign wolfort, moore, and someone like crabtree or just one or two?

I have only heard us linked to old players and players that signed elsewhere lol....what the heck. The only really interesting player were supposedly talking to is Moore.

I do love the idea of wilfort just dont think he will have too much left.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Use that money elsewhere. Would you rather pay Joseph, or be able to grab Rahim Moore and Bruce Carter? Feel like we have a good nucleus of young corners that could step up to the plate well enough behind Kareem. Moreover, JJo seems to get nicked up in every single game we play... we cannot afford that.

16. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

The pessimism on this forum bores me to tears sometimes, but this was pretty funny.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets really want to win though and Morey is just so aggressive.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

They gave Cushing that contract on September 3rd. After watching him all of training camp and pre-season. He appeared to be gaining his old form, then that catastrophic knee injury happened. So, hard to say that contract was a mistake given what we know.

Foster is another case of injuries, but given his position and the amount of carries he had, we probably knew it was overpaying. Given the dearth of offensive talent, Foster has turned out to be pretty much worth it (when he's on the field).

It should also be noted that both of these guys have significant chances to play up to their contracts this year. Foster in particular. Cushing is likely toast, but that's the breaks sometimes.

#1798 DonnyMost, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For me Rahim Moore will never live down the play where he completely bungled what should have been an easy interception on a hail mary style pass that allowed the Ravens to get back into the game against the Broncos. That was a Bill Buckneresque play.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Joseph has made a remarkable number of starts in his career. Granted, he played with a balky hamstring and bum ankle almost all of last year. To call him fragile or injury prone is a mislabeling.

He is in a contract year. He has bounce-back written all over him. Keep him.