1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL NYC viewing party. Blondie's on 79th and Broadway (by the 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jbasket, Apr 17, 2015.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Legit 20 ppl here. Come through

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Sorry guys can't make it tonight. Unfortunately won't be able to see the Rox play either. Last minute emergency

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

We have 27 peeps here :cool:

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

POST SOME P[ICS

5. hvic

hvic Member

Did you guys see an Asian guy with long hair there? That's my bro

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

AWESOME DUB GUYS!

So like I said, we had 27 people on my count at half-time. Ironic enough, for all the worries I had about people not showing, my own two friends bailed :grin:

I snagged a picture at the end; some people were already gone because I wasn't decisive enough. Missing you Rock Fan in the picture :(

Now, what game shall we do next?

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

:cool:

2 people like this.
  8. jbasket

jbasket Member

Also, clear your schedules for the FRIDAY 7 EST GAME at the House Dublin. That will be the next one I'll be officially trying to help schedule.

9. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Right on JBasket.

We had about 4 of us get together in LA with a lot of last minute bails. Hopefully get a big crowd on Friday, and how you guys do as well!

10. TheresTheDagger

I love NY! Great job Clutchfans....all the way from Montana.

11. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Good turnout! Especially for a first time, semi-impromptu arrangement.

Although I'd love to plan a get-together for game 2, I don't think we should expect too much of a turnout. From talking to a lot of people, a good number had at least a 40 minute commute. I think everyone was on board for a Friday get together though.

People seemed to think that we could get a better venue though...? One with air conditioning haha. But also...cross check to see if those rangers games will get in the way. Otherwise, things should be okay.

Let's try and find a place and make a reservation for Friday? We should ask around and see if they'd be okay with giving us audio from 7-930 (which shouldn't be too much to ask). I suggested Legends earlier. It's not a bad place to watch games and it's a very central locaiton. I've also been to O'hanlons (13th and 1st) and it's a pretty good spot to watch games. I'm not sure what their audio situation is, but they have a lot of tvs (no big screens or seating areas, it's all bar watching).

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Agreed: I believe we should just plan for game 3.

Rangers have a game on that Friday. I don't see the time being released. We need to find that ASAP.

Audio has to be there; that is a definite. For me, personally, I believe that the seating situation we had at House Dublin is more preferable than the bar watching.

With regards to a reservation, it'll have to be able to fit the 20-30 people. I believe that because we were about to get the 27 on the first meeting, others now know that this is a legitimate thing. It would not be unexpected to have another, and potentially, even larger turnout.

These logistics would need to be figured out quickly though.

I personally would go with the "don't fix what ain't broke" at House of Dublin. This is a large task here with a lot of variables.

13. Rockfan

Rockfan Contributing Member

Nice pic jbasket - I did peace out quickly as my wife was tired and I was still sick (and tired). If I can make it to another one I'll roll solo and I'll be more social. Thanks for organizing - it came together pretty good considering Blondie's didn't work out. A place with A/C or fans would be 1000x better.

Also, **** those dip****s playing badminton inside a bar. Idiots.

#73 Rockfan, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  14. jbasket

jbasket Member

Appreciate it man!

If y'all have another place to suggest, please do so ASAP, so we can go over the credentials (if it can be reserved, have enough seats, have ac, sound, # tvs, etc.). Thus, we can get the location settled soon, and the logistics out of the way.

Also, just remember that one person's short commute is another person's long commute. That's unavoidable.

I forgot my props this time. I'll get them for Friday.

Open the plans for Friday's game!

15. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Fair enough. Let's plan for HoD for now.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

If there is another option, it needs to be presented ASAP though, so people have time to prepare/clear schedules, etc. What I believed was the key success here was how the logistics were put in place very quickly. That is extremely important.

17. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

The rangers game will probably be around the same time as the Rockets unfortunately.

Does anyone know if there are any good sports bars on Houston st? Just makes sense :)

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

The good think about HoD was that the Rangers game was on, and nobody was there. That'll be hard to find, unfortunately.

19. jbasket

jbasket Member

Will we be returning again to House of Dublin?

If somebody has another venue that could work, it must be presented asap!

#79 jbasket, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  20. jbasket

jbasket Member

If nobody has a proven venue by Monday evening (all but set up), the Friday game meet up will officially be at House of Dublin. Bring it up now, or forever hold your peace! :grin: