1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Nikki Haley for President 2024 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RayRay10, Oct 5, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

“Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just saying what the facts are,” ... “Google it. Everybody at home, when is a woman in her prime? It says 20s, 30s and 40s. I’m just saying Nikki Haley should careful about saying that politicians are not in their prime, and they need to be in their prime when they serve. She would not be in her prime according to Google, or whatever it is.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/don-l...agues-again-with-completely-offensive-remarks

Nook likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

To be fair, Don Lemon has the name of a comedian from 1940.

Nook and Ottomaton like this.
  4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding me? 350 people wanted to see her speak? Un-freaking-believable! She's the next ruler of the world!

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. No Worries

How will it work for the Rs, who hate women and non-whites, to back a non-white women for POTUS?

When addressing a R crowd, does Nikki Haley say "Even though I am a non-white woman, I want to assure you that I too hate women and non-whites. The conservations I have within my head, I assure you, are quite frightening and hate filled!!!".

Air Langhi likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It could be good for them in the general which is why I said earlier I thought Haley could be formidable in the general election but will have a hard time getting through the Primaries.

I am reconsidering how well she could do in the general. In order to appeal to the base she’s said a lot of stuff that won’t play well in the general. I think outside of Trump to win the general the GOP nominee will try to run to the middle but she like the other Republican candidates might not be able to.

8. basso

Supporting Member

you seem unfamiliar with NH politicking.

King1 likes this.
  9. No Worries

We only have one instance of a woman headlining a national race, Hillary Clinton. I would not want to extrapolate too much from that, seeing that Hillary was far from a “generic” female candidate.

WRT Haley running as the R candidate, the open question is whether independents will really vote for a generic woman POTUS candidate. I am not sure. A secondary question is how strong will the Rs turnout for a woman POTUS candidate. I have my doubts.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Suggested update for your good question(s).

No Worries likes this.
  11. basso

Supporting Member

really, really dumb update.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Give her the Herschel Walker/Palin treatment by lobotomizing and degrading her personality to make her constituents feel safe and assured of the white hierarchy?

Need another symbolic stiff like Pence to start making that Hail Mary happen.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. basso

Supporting Member

you seem unfamiliar with the demographics in South Carolina.

No Worries likes this.
  14. basso

Supporting Member

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well she was right until she got to their solutions are the right ones.

What exactly has the GOP offered as a “solution” since Reagan except borrow money to further bloat the defense budget and cut taxes for rich and corporations?

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Didn't you see their new budget from today?!

Regan style policies with trump style racist culture wars!

Who the hell doesn't want that?! If you're not for that policy then you're woke!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. basso

Supporting Member

from the linked article:

But Haley’s strengths should not be underestimated, especially these three.

First, she has foreign policy chops. After four items were shot out of the skies in eight days without explanation, Americans are unsettled. Speculation is running so rampant that the White House press secretary declared “no indication of aliens.” Meanwhile, the war between Ukraine and Russia is escalating at its one-year mark, and the messy withdrawal from Afghanistan remains a blemish.

From her tenure as United Nations ambassador, Haley has experience on the international stage. On her watch, the United States recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, approved new sanctions against North Korea and spoke out against the world’s worst human rights abusers.

Second, the state Haley was elected twice to govern and the broader southeast region is flourishing. From Georgia to Florida to South Carolina, it’s no accident that some of the most prominent names in the GOP hail from the region. It’s also more than just a warm climate. Thriving economies and the COVID-19 pandemic are fueling these migration patterns. Under Haley’s tenure, South Carolina’s unemployment rate hit a 15-year low. Last year its population grew at the third fastest rate in the nation.

Third, as a former governor, Haley can fall back on her executive experience. From mass shootings to hurricanes to negotiating a bipartisan compromise removing the Confederate flag from the Statehouse, her tenure in Columbia was eventful. Unlike senators, governors have more responsibilities than delivering floor speeches or attending hearings. This is a useful contrast point not only in a primary but also with President Biden, who spent 36 years in the Senate and arrived at the White House with no executive experience beyond his time in the Obama administration.

The first and third of these are among the reasons I prefer her to RDS, although I admit he seems the likelier nominee atm. still, I think she will prove a more formidable candidate than some give her credit for.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well at least this guy can actually differentiate between Medicare and Medicaid unlike Haley.

Considering 2/3 of Medicaid spending goes toward senior nursing home care by all means cut benefits to your base.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Don't forget we have record numbers of folks on obamacare now that biden expanded subsidies. If you've been unemployed at any time you get free health insurance amd it's a life saver for so many. I sell CPAPs for a living and this new subsidies are literally saving patients.

Now the Republicans want to cut the expanded subsidies and kick off 8 million ppl off insurance. I just don't get how people can be so cruel and mean. It just really blows my mind how we as a society can consciously be so immoral.