1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 713, Dec 31, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Then Shanny needs to get a boot in his ass.

That is freaking ridiculously irresponsible, both to Griffin and the franchise, to run him out there, limping, on a surgically repaired knee.

JFC. I'm pissed, and I don't even care about Griffin or the Redskins.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

it's the right knee
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lryy0QDS_Ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

This is sarcasm right? Of course, no one should trusts Shanahan. Anyone who has been following the Skins since Shanny's arrival knows that he is a smarmy, arrogant, son-of-a-b**** liar. Even his biggest supporters who view him as a great head coach don't believe his words.

Every sane person in DC knows that Shanny played a hurt and hobbled RGIII because he thought it gave the Skins the best chance to win. RGIII was okay with that and so was Shanny. Could he have been wrong about the best chance to win? Sure. Did Shanny think RGIII was being put at extra risk? Absolutely. Was RGIII overconfident in his own ability to execute while being injured? Yes.

This is old school football and Shanny is an old school football coach. It's a brutal sport that kills your body. It is a fact that the NFL shortens your lifespan. RGIII knows the risk and so does Shanny. Neither of them were thinking of the long-term. I'm not saying I agree because I actually don't. It's bad for the franchise's future, and the Skins probably had a better chance to win if Cousins came it after halftime. They still probably wouldn't have won though.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My bad. :)

Either way, Mike Shanahan looks like a big fool. I'm fine with him starting the game but he had no reason to be out there limping around once he re-injured the knee.

Cousins could have won the game for them after they went up 14-0 with Griffin. What a stupid decision in the short and long-term.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he could barely plant his right leg.

i don't know what mike shanahan was thinking.

the parting about regaining his legacy is some what true to me. they're suppose to be in a rebuilding year and they won the division and went to the playoff. think about the future you dumb buffoon

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Good call.