1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 713, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Falcons D will come to play. Same defense that has given Brees, and both Mannings hell this year in the Dome.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

hate to say it, but early in the year who DIDN'T see RGIII getting hurt this year? You just can't play like that in the NFL as a quarterback. The players are too big and too fast. You will get hurt. Just look at Uki Vick's career.

Now, that being said, I still think RGIII can have a very nice career, just not a career that involved running the option (?!?!) or getting coptered by Haloti Nagta. He'll need to evolve into more of a pocket passer, which he probably has the skills to do, although defenses will be able to better defend him since they won't be so worried about the scramble.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

yeah I agree

Falcons will stomp a mudhole in Pete Carroll's hiney

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I had to leave near the end of the 3rd quarter and missed the rest of the game. Can somebody tell me how Shanahan's post-game conference went?

5. desihooper

desihooper Member
    Supporting Member

Weird little coincidence, every winning team this week (sans the Texans) posted 24 points: Green Bay 24-10 over Minnesota, Baltimore 24-9 over Indy, and Seattle 24-14 over Washington.

1 person likes this.
  6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

all are big Jack Bauer fans

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Does anyone think shanahan his risked RG3's career??? Very good chance that an MRI eval could show something much worse...hoping for the best...a healthy RG3 couldve beat the Seahawks...

8. emjohn

emjohn Member

About like usual, he looked the media in the face and bull*****ted them. Made sure to put all the responsibility he could on RGIII and not on himself, no matter the fact that the millions watching the game could clearly see Griffin was playing on a bum leg for over half the game.

I'll be floored if he didn't rupture at least one or two ligaments - $5 to the tipjar if his MCL is still intact. ACL is a coin flip.

All this on the heels of a micro-scandal about wether Shanahan sent him back in before Andrews evaluated the knee a month ago. This game should be the nail in that coffin. Shanahan is old school.

As it is, most coaches (HS and up) will chew up their players for the sake of a win today - and it's fed into the fan mentality. Look at Kubiak - when we miss a guy for several weeks, he talks about them almost with disdain. When a guy pulls a hamstring, we've got fans here b*tching about him if he misses more than a game or two with it. We expect guys to shrug off concussions by Tuesday.

It's not a far cry from the way we collectively bury our heads regarding PEDs. Ultimately, we've established a gladiator culture and have zero regard for the toll put on the bodies churned up for our entertainment.

Having said all that...Shanahan is a POS.

9. DCkid

DCkid Member

In some ways this is pretty much the opposite side of the Strasburg debate. If they didn't play RG3 and lost, Shanahan would be getting roasted for not going for it all when he had the chance. It's very difficult to not allow hindsight to influence these type of debates.

Personally, I think they should have taken him out once it was clear he was not able to do anything. Griffin and the Redskins' offense completely relies on his mobility to be effective, and once that was taken away there is really no reason for him to be in the game. If he was just a drop back passer like Manning/Brady/etc that's another story.

It was pretty much a worse case scenario with his injury literally costing them a chance at winning the game. Cousins or any other QB with his knees intact would have been able to fall on that bad snap, or possibly even gathered it and tried to make a play.

#189 DCkid, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. emjohn

emjohn Member

I think 90% of people would agree:
    1) It was fine to start him, he was obviously able to play at a high level early on

2) Once he re-aggravated his injury and could barely lumber around, he should have been yanked.

That wasn't hindsight - almost everyone, fans through commentators to even Pete Carroll saw and thought the same thing. Kirk Cousins had his helmet on in no time and kept it on. He should have gone in.

100% Cousins wasn't going to be a drop off from a one-legged RG3. This wasn't going to be like the Vikings inserting Webb. Griffin should have been yanked at halftime. But Shanahan is like Riley - he will keep you in the red and toss you aside once your body gives out. That man does not give a s*** about his players.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Member

Wonder if RGIII's knee have permanent damage, how much it will end up costing the redskins in the future years.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Shanahan is trying to regain a legacy
    he has been almost complete crap since Elway retired
    He sees RGIII as his way back into high standing

He was looking out for himself and not RGII and the team

Rocket River

13. MadMax

MadMax Member

Huge key difference...Stasburg wasn't hurting....it wasn't affecting him. He was pitching great, and they set an artificial innings pitched limitation on him.

Here you had a QB who had been injured recently and was hurting during the game.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

Was this the same knee RG3 hurt in college?

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Until Matt Ryan wins a playoff game, im going with Russell Wilson and the Hawks( they are rolling right now)

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would fire Mike Shanahan. This guy is gambling with rg3. No point of having him out there. He is the franchise and you have to protect him at all costs.

17. The Drake

The Drake Member

holla

:(

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

just call you "Mr black qb!"

seriously dude -- it's grown old

19. sammy

sammy Member

I believe it is (left leg).

And the Falcons will not blow out Seattle. Cmon now.

20. conquistador#11

for some odd reason, i just don't trust papa shannahan, so I believe what dr. andrews is saying about the whole situation.
    I miss kyle though.