1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 9

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Nov 1, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Been some brutal hits in the league this year.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

At least the Eagle fans showed some class. I was worried about that. :eek:

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Agree that was similar. In realtime, the second I saw his arms I knew he was hurt real bad. Hoping he's OK but that made me seriously concerned... like he could be paralyzed or something.

Does anyone remember Bubba McDowell's hit on Danny Peebles back in the early 90's?

4. rockets934life

I think Manning is going into BEAST mode after the hit. Philly better be careful, Peyton looks motivated.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My Receivers this week
    WR Anthony Gonzalez*,
    WR Austin Collie,

How did i miss Gonzalez being put on IR!!! :mad:

Rocket River

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Todd Haley is amazing.

Cable should be taking notes here.

7. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Terrible sign when he was being carted off. His Hands looked lifeless. Hope he pulls through.

8. sammy

sammy Member

Praying that Collie is ok. That looked like a career ending type of injury..

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Pray for Austin Collie guys. :(

Man....he was not moving....at all.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

You hit that nail on the head. No reason for a flag there. And for those of you who are going to say I am only saying that because it was an Eagle defender, I defended the Falcons player who knocked out DeSean Jackson too.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

That's what I saw as well.

In my opinion for plays regarding multiple defenders where you have a ricochet:

Unless you can show intent then there is no personal foul. One on one, sure call the helmet to helmet, but when you have guys colliding out there one's body position changes quickly from the impact. Defender 1 makes legal hit, defender 2 is going after a shoulder or chest with his shoulder and the first hit makes the receiver's head move into the second defender's hit zone. He wasn't aiming for it, but since he was already making the tackle, he can't adjust in time. Shouldn't be his fault or a flag on him.

Oh, and the ruling on the field should have been a fumble, he had the ball and was moving upfield when he got nailed. He wasn't hit as he caught it, he was moving upfield. And he was not defenseless.

No
    Fun
    League

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Manning and the Colts getting the first-class treatment by the referees. Not only was that clean hit but Collie actually fumbled the ball. Look at it again. He caught the ball, secured it and made football move before he got planted by the Eagles secondary. I'm so pissed that Eagles didn't challenge the play even with 10 minutes of free time their hands.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

**** that.

It was helmet to helmet. A penalty.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

When you are a runner, helmet-to-helmet can occur.

15. Obito

Obito Member

Hopefully it's not his neck because if it is.... than paralysis is likely as bad as I hate saying that. ala Kevin Everett :(

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The term helmet to helmet needs better clarification. Helmet to helmet calls should be when the defender leads with his head to hit a receiver above the shoulders not when the defender leads with the shoulder like in this case and the helmets happen to touch because both players lower their heads to brace for impact.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I think that occurrence has had opposite effects for both teams. The Eagles appear lifeless and the Colts appear lively.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

Looked clean to me, but I need a replay.

19. rockets934life

I know Manning is an all-time great but he runs the 2 minute drill better then anyone I can remember, flawless.

20. Obito

Obito Member

I like those helmets, am i alone this?