1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2012.

1. conquistador#11

excellent point.:grin:
    take that, state farm belt check guy!

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

now nobody is going to talk about the defense, that brought Denver to life, and it will be only Manning got the comeback.

1 person likes this.
  3. YourSecretLover

The AFC is pretty wide open right now. So much parity its ridiculous. Expect Houston to get top seed easily with the only threat Balt and maybe NE(can never count out Brady-Belicheck)

With the injuries to Cushing, Lewis, and Webb... makes it more interesting. It's basically last man standing.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I love that we had the Manning face in the first half, and the Rivers face in the second half. Too funny.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Manning is jus superb....

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Bad throws on bad routes to bad receivers. Glad the Texans didn't take a chance on Meachem or Royal.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is it me or does Rivers do horribly on Monday Night Football? One game I remember ending with a sack-fumble on a comeback attempt, and another one last year with the fumbled snap on a KNEEL attempt.
    [​IMG]

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

that was last year

hes 7-3 for his career in MNF heading into tonights game

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's amazing what NFL players can say to refs without a flag (referring to Manning yelling in the official's ear after the PI call on Decker).

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Is it wrong that I actually feel sorry for Rivers after that game? Seriously felt bad for the guy.

And Charger fans.....what do these poor saps have to hang their hats on? Have the Chargers ever done anything but disappoint? Reminds me a lot of being an Oiler fan back in the 90's.

11. macalu

macalu Member

I was going to post the same thing. in their losses, Manning has done nothing in the first half. the second half the broncos defense begins to create turnovers and short fields. all of a sudden manning comes to life. this is the first comeback he's completed thanks to 4 turnovers.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rivers is barely on Carson Palmer's level.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

The problem though is that he is perceived to be at Brees' level, and he buys into that. Some of those throws he was making last night were mind-numbingly bad. It was almost as if he wasn't even looking at the defense the Broncos were setting up in....he just figured he would get the ball up there, and his elite accuracy would take care of the rest. Norv needs to have a serious talk to him over the bye week. I wish I could listen to the way that would go. He probably respects the team equipment manager more than he respects Norv.

14. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Member

It looks like Rivers can't handle playing behind a bad offensive line. He had a pretty good OL for most of his career, but the OL has suffered a lot of injuries the last two years (the pro-bowl left side had to retire early). The chargers finished strong last year and Rivers looked like his old self when they picked up Gaither, who, unsurprisingly, has been injured almost this entire year.

Also, the only reason why Norv and the GM weren't fired last year was because Rivers went to ownership and said it was his fault for the team not making the playoffs.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Stupid effen Cowboys. What did I tell you? 100% they would lose even thought it was right there. All those great plays mixed in with poor plays...and they still had a chance. Then, wouldn't you know it...the kicker misses it.

Thanks for another game of laughs, Cowboys. Oh yea..and Jerry says you are aready to compete for a championship this year. I guess the rest of the team didn't get the memo.

Now, let us see you blow it at Carolina. I'm sure you will find a way. You've found every other way to lose.

Lord, help the Cowboys cause they suck even when they are playing good. Help them!

16. thegary

thegary Member

earl is still my favorite player of all time. i loved pastorini. especially after he punched out that arrogant new york reporter. :) i hear you but hate to tell you that your empathy just might be because subconsciously you realize that kubes is norv incarnate.

...jerry glanville