1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

and by the way, let's go ahead and forget all about this Thursday Night Football thing.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Rams had 18 yards rushing for the game. What in the hell?

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Maybe the 49ers got tired of RBs cashing in on them and decided to turn it up? Sad to see Thursday football turn back into a pumpkin after a good 2nd half last week.

And Freeman has thrown under 50% in each game this season. Schiano might be bad and might even have lost his team already, but Freeman's only asked to throw 20-25 times a game. The pressure shouldn't be on him to carry the team, just complete some passes.

And who's the elite talent around Bradford? Jake Long and Tavon Austin? Cook has elite athleticism capped off with elite inconsistency.

4. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Oh my God, what in the world is wrong with the Rams offense? I give no credit to San Francisco as the Rams last year had the best division record in the NFL. Against SF/SEA, they were as tough as SF/SEA is against other teams,

Looks like its going to take Tavon another 2 years to see if hes going to be worth anything other then a 10-15 yard PR guy. and someone to place bets on when he races other teammates in practice.

Bradford really needs to show something this year or else St. Louis may consider jumping in the running for Josh Freeman..... or Kirk Cousins.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Blame the offensive coordinator. Never liked him. (see Jets)

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

7. SK34

SK34 Member

Matt cassell starts this week for Vikings

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Ahmad Bradshaw is out for the Colts, what else is new?
    and thats why they trade to get Trent Richardson, they knew Bradshaw wouldnt be healthy and with Ballard on IR, they needed to get a RB.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ahmad Bradshaw is washed up. Last week somebody here said he was a "proven" RB. Problem is he's proven to be unreliable which is why the Giants let him go for nothing.

10. Major

Major Member

That washed up back had 1000 yards last year (14 games) and is on the same basic pace this year. He averaged 4.6ypc last year and 4.5ypc this year so far. He's not great and can't be your only back, but he's not bad either - he was #11 in YPC last year and a top-15 in yards per game.

Those are with Colts and Giants teams with pretty terrible O-Lines, too. Giants let him go because they wanted to build around their young speedster in Wilson and they had another guy who did well last year as well (Andre Brown, I think?), so there was no reason to pay him.

11. Major

Major Member

Actually, taking out the QBs and the part-time backs that had small sample sizes, Bradshaw was #7 in the NFL in YPC last year, behind:

Peterson
    Spiller
    Charles
    Lynch
    Morris
    Gore

That's pretty good company.

12. AB423

AB423 Member

Can't wait to see the Eagles and Broncos.. it should be a shoot-out and I hope Demaryius and Decker get 2 tds each

13. Grinds

Grinds Member

Good news is Trent appears to be the same subpar back. His first game was trash. Bradshaw could be solid for a few years. He's only 27 (thought he was older), has low wear, and has a nice y/c.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Low wear? The guy is hurt every single year it is very doubtful that he is solid for a few years since he can't even stay on the field.

15. Major

Major Member

In the last 5 years, he's missed 8 games - and 4 of those were in one year. That's not bad for a running back.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I get you and Bradshaw has been very productive, but his tread is wearing down. He's had 3-4 foot surgeries, including this offseason. At this point the guy is a good backup but I wouldn't trust him as a starter. He won't last the season if the Colts overuse him.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Wow to start the year, if the Falcons lose tonight to the Patriots, and the Saints beat the Dolphins, Atlanta falls behind 3 games in their division race.

Washington, Pittsburgh, and New York (Giants) are all facing 0-4 starts.

The Cowboys could also gain a 3 game lead over the Redskins and Giants, while having 2 over the Eagles: if all three teams lose out with a Cowboys victory to follow.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Pats&amp;src=hash">#Pats</a> believe Rob Gronkowski wants to play, but his dad is keeping him off the field as a precaution after he injured himself in playoffs</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/384320963371741185">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

It is fun cheering for a draft pick by week 2. Every gaffe that would normally cause me to pull my hair out is now having me pump my fist. And there have been a lot.

Go steelers
    draft pick!

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Lets go Detroit we need this game I'm tried of Chicago beating our ass.

Give us another one Jay, I know you have it in you.