1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Colts are officially starting Curtis Painter .

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Cut unlikely yes, it would be more like early retirement.

Trade is definitely an option. He's going to have 5 years left on his deal, be coming off of 3 major neck surgeries, and they may have Luck in tow.

He could play for 2 more years while Luck sits, then the Colts ship him out.

It's a business first... we've seen legends get dumped before.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I know its a business.. But I dont think Indy is that kind of franchise... If you're thinkin Marvin Harrison, well he would have still been there if he hadnt had those incidents at his car wash , IMO

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think Peyton gets cut, the Colts are built for Manning.
    the only way he gets cut is that he doesnt play the next season.
    If he is healthy, peyton will play for Indy next year, dont know how good or bad, but they are going to stick with manning.

Also, if he cuts, some other team will inmediately pick him up, so no early retirement.

5. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

He'll play for as long as he wants to....that however doesn't mean he can turn into

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/POyFvDgV2cU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Nero

Nero Member

Anyone have a link or some info on how to stream the Cowboys-Lions game this Sunday? Once again, it's blacked out here in Houston and I am not relishing the idea of crowding into a smoke-and-drunk-filled BWW yet again.

Thanks

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's not "blacked out" It's just that the NFL states that when the Texans are playing at home, they cannot air another team during that time. One of those NFL television rules.
    If you're in Dallas, and wanting to catch the Texans, you won't be able to. Cowboys are at home vs the Lions at noon, so that means no Texans on tv (like they ever show Texans on Dallas CBS)

You're going to have to watch Tottenham and Arsenal at Noon on FOX followed by the Giants at Cardinals.

Someone will be nice enough to post links to stream it.

8. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Also taking the over on the Bills/Bengals and Lions/Cowboys......Bills/Bengals O/U is 43.5, that looks like a really good bet for the over.

9. Nero

Nero Member

so why was it blacked out here when the Texans were in Miami? That was not the way it had been done in the past...

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

With the Texans on the road at Week 2 vs an AFC, the game is shown on CBS and the Cowboys were on FOX playing another NFC team.
    KRIV FOX decided to straight up **** block. Simple as that.

I'm sure Bob McNair paid the Local FOX to not show the Cowboys, and instead show another game/a better game.

I bet it's because the CBS Affiliate in Dallas will do ANYTHING TO NOT SHOW Texans game. Almost like they're scared to lose Cowboys fan. I know, ridiculous. Cowboys can go 0-16 every week, and people will eat their **** and enjoy it. It's the Cowboys, they'll be alright. (or Jerry Jones handing CBS DFW money not to show the Texans)

Hmm.

Looking at the week 2 maps, It shows that the Dallas area showed the San Diego New England game instead of the Houston Miami game.

Just blame CBS DFW, so FOX Houston doesn't screw around.

At least we get Tottenham and Arsenal tomorrow.

11. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Chargers injuries have mounted up again this season , hopefully Gates can come back after bye week.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

3 carries into the game, already DeAngelo Williams' best game of the season.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Dez Bryant with a Calvin Johnson-like catch! Wow

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes that is Gus Johnson

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If Romo can do this more consistently, he'd be a top 5 QB easily. The guy has basically every skill that Rodgers has, but just sometimes make those bonehead mistakes.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't know if he could be top 5, but Romo is very talented.

17. juicystream

Steve Smith has 132 yards receiving already. Ridiculous.

18. what

what Member

Freakin fred davis grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

19. juicystream

I started Jay Cutler over Matt Hasselbeck. I thought long and hard about that choice. Not looking good for me. Hasselbeck has as many touchdowns as Cutler has completions.

20. what

what Member

I was real close to starting Mcmichael, but the reason I didn't is because I had Ryan Mathews and I didn't want the two competing for tds.

I had a bad feeling about fred davis. Part of the problem is that grossman is being throttled by shanahan.