1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Would Luck demand out of KC?

I would.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

KC is a great football town though. Did you see the playoff games in KC back in the days? It was rocking.

3. DonnyMost

That franchise appears to be going nowhere, though.

With Indy and San Fran in the mix for the top 5, I'm certain he would try to go to those places if they got within earshot of #1.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's all about perception. I'm sure if a team lands Luck, their mentality going forward will change, since the fan support/hype will increase tenfold. Like with Indy before Manning, or Cavs before Lebron. It sometimes only takes a great player to change a franchise.

Unless Manning will not play again, it's very hard for me to see them picking Luck knowing they gave Manning a long-term contract (I know there is a clause in there though that will allow them to let Manning off early). However, I still think Manning can resume his superstar ways.

SF will win their share of games. The NFC West is just terrible. No way they will get the #1 pick. The Rams have a better chance of getting the #1 pick b/c their schedule in the next few weeks is horrendous. They have a high chance of going winless in the first half of the year.

Miami is a better team than their record indicates, like with Minny.

I put KC, St Louis, and Cincy as the 3 teams with the best chance at Luck. KC has the highest chance though b/c they simply suck balls, and they lost their best offensive player.

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He'll be in KC... Play 3 years , then save Harbaugh's job in San Fran....

6. DonnyMost

How's that? Rookie deal is 5+ years, no?

He gonna get traded?

I think Indy, SF, and Seattle will all have a legit shot at him... provided he balks at KC.

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He cant negotiate his deal to opt out??..dont really know....Indy wouldnt dare take him... Seattle not going to pack it in to get him(stupid)... SF is the most logical destination... Rams may end up with the pick , but surely will trade it for a record amount of draft picks...

8. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

SF's defense too good for them to get a shot at Luck. Harbaugh turned alex smith into a game manager, so they'll get some wins and even have a shot at the playoffs in that terrible division.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

where is indy going without manning if kc's going nowhere?

10. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Lost 2 of my 3 bets last weekend with the Panther's covering the spread in my only win. Still a real good through 3 weeks though (money I won paid for my Vegas trip :cool: )

Lions are actually an underdog this week

Saints (-6.5)
    Vikings (-2.0)
    Bears (-6.0)

Feel pretty confident with these picks this weekend. All noon start times, so if I have some winners there then a bet or two in the later games.

11. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I wonder if teams that have QB's already end up with #1 pick will pick Luck or ask for King's ransom to get out of #1 pick.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Depends on the team. My guess is the Colts would trade the pick while all others would draft Luck.

13. DonnyMost

No way the Colts trade that pick given how shaky the Manning situation is.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A lot of people don't know that John Elway was drafted by the Colts and refused to play there.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If he's back to throwing unhindered during the offseason, I think another team will give up a "king's ransom" for the pick. Otherwise, they will draft Luck.

What I meant was the Colts are the only team with a legit chance at the pick that would consider a trade.

moes, the Frank Kush situation was unique back in the day. Not likely to happen with Luck.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

With Peyton's career in at least some doubt, the Colts would be absolutely foolish to not draft Luck if they end up with the #1 pick. Who better to mentor him? Who better to bring the team right back to prominence?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You know, I just remembered NFL draft picks will get slotted salaries next year. Seeing as Peyton Manning just got a huge signing bonus a few weeks ago, I didn't think the Colts could afford to bust the bank over a #1 pick at QB. That would have been too much money tied up in one position.

18. DonnyMost

They could always cut or trade PM, you know.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes, but it will be substantially smaller than Sam Bradford money.

It might be tempting to take the highest offer though, because if anyone is going to bounce back and dominate for another 4-5 years then call it a day... it'll be Peyton.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No way they cut or trade him..... This isnt attention whoring Bret Favre we're talkin about.. Peyton would get everyone fired before that happens