1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Nero

Nero Member

Gee, I thought it was a perfectly fine legal block. I was told that with such easy confidence too. Oh well, guess it was an illegal block after all.

However, I do agree that Lee's teammates should have dropped the gloves after that, but maybe not many actually saw the play. I don't know if they were showing it over and over on the scoreboard during the game or anything, so possibly nobody really knew what took place until after the game.

In any case, I am kind of hoping that these two teams somehow manage to meet in the playoffs.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So you agree with every single fine that the NFL hands out?

5. Nero

Nero Member

No, but I was pretty sure that the block by Tate was dirty and illegal, and it turns out the league and I are in agreement on this issue. I certainly don't see how anyone can continue to claim it was a perfectly ok play, that's all.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Even if he hit him with the crown of his helmet (as well as many other things) he didn't hit him in the head, so I'm not sure how that's a penalty, unless the rules have changed (i.e. if I hit you with the crown of my helmet in the shoulder, is that a penalty?). He did leave his feet by launching in the direction of the guy, which is apparently the big no-no here. Must be a new rule, because dude's have been "launching" themselves on blocks and tackles for a while now, and it is typically only penalized or fined when it is on a 'defenseless receiver/player' or if they hit somebody in the head. Somebody who is running to get a tackle is not defenseless, they're just not paying attention. Might as well call this one the "Hines Ward" rule.

Edit: Different angle on the block tells the story. He was grounded when he made contact, and he clearly did not hit Lee in the head or neck, and it even looks as if his helmet was not the first thing that made contact with Lee (his led with his left shoulder). Although his helmet certainly made contact with Lee at some point, if they're going to fine any player whose helmet makes contact with a 'defenseless player' (which apparently the league considers pursuing tacklers 'defenseless'?), then the NFLPA is going to go broke. If I were Tate, I'd appeal.

[​IMG]

#26 DonnyMost, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hines Ward would have gotten a gold star for that block.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OPbraVljIrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Thanks

Always interesting to see how they paint them. Trying to figure out why Austin area is getting the New Orleans game while the rest of Texas was slotted for Washington.

If it's about RGIII's Baylor following, it's huge in Austin. I'd figure Houston to be more likely for the Saints since we have such a big Louisiana population here.

9. conquistador#11

Jennings had a set back with his injury, nicks still nicked up with his foot and Hernandez to miss a month or so..wtf!? these guys are all on the wrong side of 20!!!
    signed,
    What have you done for me lately fantasy idiot.

Anyhow, really looking forward to tonight's game. I can't get over on how so many 'experts' are trying to be contrarians by saying Thursday Night foosball is overkill and takes away from the product. This is something I've been wishing for since I was in the 8th grade watching TNT air a couple of games. man i miss ernie johnson in the pregame.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just be glad Austin is stuck with the Saints and we get RG3. I agree with you completely.

11. Major

Major Member

I don't think he has any particular following here, but Drew Brees is from Austin, so maybe that?

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Nicks out, Bradshaw out, Hixon out?! Wtf!

Still BIG BLUE!

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Inactives:

Panthers: Jonathan Stewart, Thomas Davis, Byron Bell, Colin Jones, Mike Pollak, Sione Fua, Jimmy Clausen.

Giants: Hakeem Nicks, Domenik Hixon, Ahmad Bradshaw, David Diehl, Adewale Ojomo, Michael Coe, & Adrien Robinson.

14. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Do you agree with the 21k fine of Antonio Smith for kicking Incognito?

15. Lil Pun

The Panthers expect to go to the Super Bowl with this defense?

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

why do players show boat when they're getting their ass kicked? really Cam, you can do your superman when your team is winning.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Somebody give Sean Lee a tissue. I think he was about to cry in some of his comments responding to how he got wussified by a wide receiver.

18. Lil Pun

Really. CB just broke up a pass and you'd think it was 24-20 or something.

19. Lil Pun

Man, if Rolle is seriously injured this could be bad for an already thin defensive backfield for the NYG.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jeremy Maclin, King Dunlap, & Riley Cooper out for Philly this week.