1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL: Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Like P Manning and T Brady?

I doubt that

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Schaub is 2-0!

(Joking)

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Sherman is a beast.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I figured you'd say something like that, which further proves my point. How many Tom Bradys and Peyton Mannings have there been in NFL history? Precious few. There are 32 NFL teams. In 5-6 years, very few will have slow motion QBs. They are dying breed whether you like it or not.

The new generation of great QBs will be more like Aaron Rodgers than Brady or Manning. Rodgers is almost the perfect NFL QB. Last year, neither Brady nor Manning would have survived the season playing QB for the Packers.

Get used to it smalltex.

5. SK34

SK34 Member

Like I said last week.. Wilson > Kap...

6. conquistador#11

zzz that's what they said in the 80s, then 90s, then vick in the 2000s, then mid 2000s then now. 'experts' jump on the hottest thing because it's easy to do. All you need is an accurate qb who knows and understands the offense.
    As for qbs being more like Aaron, there have been better qbs in the same style without the need for a flux capacitor to the future.

Now the no huddle spread aka your uncle's k-gun is definitely here to stay. and unless we have coaches in committee that are irked by it and try t0 negotiate an extra five yards for contact past the line of scrimmage, it's going to be hard to defend on a consistent basis.

7. conquistador#11

damn I never learned to multiple quote. I think defenses that don't have speed will struggle against it for this year. Eventually everyone conforms in the nfl. it's basically asking for defenders to get an extra nice lick on the qb. If these coaches had the pull to make hitting the qb illegal from that formation, then i could see it sticking around.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A salute to the Seahawks for single-handedly coming from behind to win for my fantasy team. :) :p

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This game had NOTHING to do with Wilson being better than Kaepernick though. That Seattle defense was swarming all over the field, and Kap still ran for 87 yards. The Hawks secondary is simply the best in football.....Wilson had a terrible time throwing the ball, just like Kaepernick. SF's inability to run the ball at all did them in tonight.....not Wilson.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Wilson got a couple of tds against the "2nd or "1st" best defense... They were giving kap the running space.. Wilson had a couple of plays where he could have ran for big yardage but he doesn't look for that.

11. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Didn't even catch a minute of the SNF game , but wow the Seahawks seems impossible to beat at home.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think Tom Brady is an amazing QB as well, but as the stereotype goes the game of football is about the team ... not the individual (you could say that about any team sport). Also, I think it's a fault of fandom and sometimes certain segments of the sports media that make certain athletes out to be deities when they are not . . . I do not care how good your arm is, how great of an athlete you are, or how brilliant you are at calling plays... you cannot turn mediocre practice squad caliber players into adequate receiving targets.

I know this sounds odd, but more or less Brady is useless throwing out his frustrations on the wrong people. If he's upset with anyone, it should be team management, which did not vigorously pursue adequate receivers in the off-seasons, while also letting his primary target in Wes Welker walk away to another contender. That almighty Patriots way has been working out alot over the past 8 years ...

You also have to consider how much you've free agents clamoring to go suit up for the Patriots in recent years. You hardly hear about too many high caliber players specifically stating that they want to play for the Patriots as a first choice. Seeing to what's happened to other players in New England under Bill Bellichick (and even to extent his days in Cleveland), if the Patriots aren't winning Super Bowls or giving you a great contract, why would anyone want to play there. I would almost compare it to what the rapper Nelly said about Kobe on the First Take show at some point you have to wonder why other superstars or great talents do not want to go to certain team or play with a certain coach or player.

Sidenote: The Patriots are 2-0, but two very ugly wins against two very inferior opponents. I think they'll easily win their division, because of the weighty competition starring in the AFC East... though considering New England is going to have play the Saints in a few weeks, head down to the Georgia Dome, and face classical competition in Denver, Houston, and Baltimore. They need alot of improvement across the board, and Brady (along with Bellichick) know this well.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup that's a surprise, I expected my Falcons to score that much in the 1st game against them.:(

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Joe Flacco called -- he wishes to show you his super bowl ring

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nice dodge. Just avoid discussion entirely.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Harassment? :grin:

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

LOL,

[​IMG]

19. conquistador#11

sherman's postgame interview was as awesome as his performance. called the detractors " ignorant idiots", then flirted with michele tafoya, all while being jittery. You can tell he hasn't used any adderall lately.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

May have already been commented on, but I have to say Brandon Meriweather got what he deserved. Clearly targeted Eddie Lacy with his helmet, giving him a concussion. Then tried to it to James Starks a few plays later and knocked himself out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully gets a gigantic fine as well. And good job by the refs not even throwing a flag on either of the plays. :rolleyes: