1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yao ming stalker?

2. VBG

VBG Member

Meh, beating the Ravens and coming back from the deficit was really nice. Especially after how badly things were going last season where they blew every game.

This game was also quite physical and had the proverbial "playoff atmosphere." It leaves the Eagles with a slight leg up on the NFC East. And after the "disappointing" win against the Browns the Eagles needed a game like this where things went wrong but they could face the adversity.

A very important win IMO.

3. Nero

Nero Member

Exactly. You don't lead with your helmet and launch yourself up into someone's face, under their chin like that. That was an absolute punk thug move.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Somewhere, Hines Ward is smiling.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If it was Dez Bryant throwing that block, would you be saying the same thing? His helmet makes contact under Lee's collarbone. Last time I checked, that is NOT the head or the neck. If he doesn't throw that block, Lee might have the angle on the ball carrier. I wasn't a fan of Tate celebrating like he had just scored a TD, but I saw nothing wrong with the block itself. The 15 yard penalty on the same play for a late hit on Wilson was completely bogus though. Wilson MIGHT have had one foot out of bounds.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Yes I would. And I don't know what clip you are watching, but he launches his helmet directly into Lee's chin, not his collarbone. If all he wanted to do was block, he had a blind side free shot, all he needed to do was lower his shoulder into the guy's chest. He probably could have even still pancaked him (which would have been a great play). But instead he deliberately fired his helmet like a projectile directly into the chin of a defenseless player. Totally classless and unsportsmanlike. There is no defending that play, sorry.

7. Major

Major Member

... and then goes upwards straight into his helmet. Anytime you launch yourself upwards into a player, intent is pretty clear, IMO.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

He didn't hit him in the head, or even the facemask. I looked at it frame by frame (lol @ me). Clean hit.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

This is a completely legal block. He hit him right between the top of the 5 and the 0 and even used his hands to push him.

He even turned his head slightly so not to hit him with his face mask.

#309 bobmarley, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No need for insults.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

In 2011 this was true, for the most part. In 2010, not so much. Schaub's late game performances that year were great and numerous. If by "game manager" you mean "doesn't turn the ball over much", sure, I'll go with that. But Schaub is one of the best (literally top 5) in the league in crunch time. Just because he's not bombing it out there and scrambling around like a madman doesn't mean he can't lead a comeback.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He leaned in more than launch and head with the shoulder. Clean hit to the chest and though the player. Helmet didnt even make contact with the players head.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it looks like a legal block to me but i think it's a bit douche-baggery. the launch and forearm are unnecessary. yea, i know it's football and don't be a p***y. but you can make just an effective block without risking the guy's career.

14. Nero

Nero Member

No.

In fact, Mike Pereira, former head of officiating in the NFL, has already weighed in and deemed the hit illegal.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Wow. Washington loses Orakpo and Carriker for the season. That is a huge loss.

1 person likes this.
  16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What really takes the cake on this play was the Cowboys were called for a personal foul for a questionable late hit out-of-bounds on the ball carrier.

I'm not saying the game would have ended different (very doubtful) had the Seahawks been flagged instead, but talk about straining a gnat and swallowing a cow.

Very bad news for the Redskins. What a disaster for them yesterday.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You haven't watched much football then.

He floored a guy bigger than him who had a chance to make a play on the football.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think the watches Cowboys games so yeah, he doesn't watch football. ;-) j/k

19. Asian Sensation

The only thing better than watching moes Raiders lose? Watching them lose while Reggie Bush runs wild on them. :grin:

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I need the Broncos to make this a shootout. Need to get the Falcons defense in neg points for fantasy.