1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 15

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Dec 14, 2010.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hopefully, he goes ape **** on us this week.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think there would be more Eagles/Vick fans than Falcons fans. That is how it was last year when he was only a backup according to some of my friends that went to the game. So with him starting and playing like this there is no doubt in my mind there would be more Vick fans at that game than Falcon fans. That city still loves Vick.

Pun did you see this?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d81d10406/Eagles-Post-game-celebration

1 person likes this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

How can you not love the Eagles? If the Chargers don't make it, I know who I'm rooting for.

[​IMG]

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I picked the Packers for the Super Bowl, but Philly at ATL for the NFC Championship would be sweeter than sweet. :grin: Falcons are riding a magic carpet but I think someone will burst their bubble at home in the playoffs. May as well be the Eagles.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

6. plates300

plates300 Member

If Cutler could cut back on some of those dumb throws and decisions he makes, he would be a killer qb. He makes 60 yarders look like an easy screen pass.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Hester with the returns record :grin:

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yes that would be an epic matchup. 2nd biggest in Falcon history. I hope it goes down. The dome would be rocking that day.

Teams that worry me in the NFC playoffs are Philly and New Orleans.

9. Lil Pun

I've seen a lot of commentators state that DeSean was showboating when he didn't return the punt directly into the end zone and ran horizontal before breaking the plane. Am I the only one who saw that he was trying to ensure time was out before scoring? He looked back, saw it was out and darted into the end zone. It's not that hard to see.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

No you're not the only one I saw it too, but because of his history people always think hes trying to showboat.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

At first I thought he was showboating, then I realized that he was trying to kill the clock.

Smart play.

That is what reputation will do for you, people stop giving you the benefit for the doubt.

12. Lil Pun

^^^^^. Yeah, but these are professional commentators, many former players of the game. I'm not upset that they called him for showboating I just don't get how they missed his intent, especially as late as a day after the game. I heard Kornheiser say he was surprised Jackson didn't accidentally run out of bounds before scoring, really??? Now I did think he should have secured that ball better because if I am looking at it right, that Giants player behind him could have easily cause a disastrous fumble. Oh well, as Wilbon said yesterday, it used to be Ochocinco and Owens but now Jackson is the definitive diva wide receiver.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It seemed obvious to me too that was his intention.

It probably helped that I remember doing that in Tecmo Bowl a lot.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, Jim Nantz' reaction sealed it for me that he's no different than Joe Buck - a holier-than-thou lecturer. You just watched arguably one of the greatest plays in NFL history, and your first reaction is to go on a long-winded soapbox about sportsmanship? :rolleyes: It would've been ridiculous even if Jackson were showboating... the fact that he wasn't only adds to it.

I wish more broadcasters understood that the reason people are drawn to the Gus Johnsons of the world - besides the hilarity - is that they understand what it's like to be fans and conduct their jobs as such. It's a freaking game! People like Nantz take themselves so seriously that they can be a real downer.

15. DonnyMost

Jim Nantz?

When did he talk about it?

I thought Joe Buck made the call.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Buck made the call, and by his standards, it was actually a pretty good one.

But right after it, they did a cut-in on CBS (during Jets-Steelers, which Nantz was calling) to show the highlight... and as soon as it ended, Nantz went on this long-winded diatribe about Jackson's lack of sportsmanship and how disgusting it was. This after seeing (for the first time) one of the most shocking and unbelievable plays of the season. Struck me as really missing the moment (and the funny thing is, as Lil Pun said, Jackson wasn't even showboating).

17. DonnyMost

Hmm.

Well, like I said, considering DeSean's reputation, plus the fact it was some kind of live cut-in situation (not like Jim was watching the game from the start, kinda hard to digest a situation and analyze it instantly without frame of reference), makes me more inclined to give Jim some slack, but not Buck.

Plus Buck sucks ass anyway. Die Buck, die.

Hell, I was watching the game from kickoff and I didn't realize he was trying to kill the clock until about the time they showed the replay the 2nd or 3rd time... and I don't even have an axe to grind against DJax.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Joe Buck and Jim Nance are both terrible. I'm surprised Buck even raised his voice on the PR TD call.

Give me Gus Johnson or Mike Tirico any day of the week.