1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NFL Week 10

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Castor27, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Maybe the Steelers will make up for it tonight.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

TD Bryant. I thought so.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

Cowboys ran a 3rd and 1 goal play where Kitna trips and falls down before he can do anything. Classic.

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I don't have high expectations tonight, but a 1-3 record for the AFCN this week would be fabulous. :)

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I'm actually rooting for the Cowboys this week. Glad they're winning.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Broncos are killing the Chiefs. The AFC West is wide open.

7. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I have no idea what to think of the AFCW, I'm leaning towards they're all secretly terrible.

8. The Cat

The Cat Member

The non-Texan goat of the week has to be Eric Mangini. On your own 3, if you punt the ball, it doesn't matter if the Jets have a timeout or not - they're going to get it on about the 40 and need only a few yards and a spike (or out of bounds) to attempt a FG.

Cleveland could've run up the middle all three times, and with NYJ having only one timeout, the clock would have gone to zero and a tie secured. Or, you can be aggressive - as they did on first down - and try to throw down the field and play to win. There's no real right or wrong decision, as long as you're consistent.

But to come out throwing on first down... and THEN try to run the clock out... is half-assing at its finest. Pick a philosophy and stick with it. What Cleveland did was right out of the school of Kubiak - tentative and illogical, and it came back to bite them.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

The Cowboys are actually playing respectable football.

I mean this is what we were expecting from this team. Nice to see it back for a bit.

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Go pokes! (I can't cheer for Dallas, even at 1-7, but I can cheer for Bryant.)

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

orange power!

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL! (yes... triple post)

13. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

This is why I wasn't giving the Giants all the praise others have been. They just can fall apart at any moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost more than half of their remaining games.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Ummm....who?

15. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

Cowboys players fighting each other on defense, when they are winning a game...haha

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

cowboys are doing everything they can to give this game away now. unbelievable.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

lol, just poking at a couple people from the first couple pages of this thread. :grin:

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

nice game, cowboys. what's really funny is all the inside the nfl and espn analysts were always picking cowboys last few games like this team had to bounce back. not a single one of them picked the cowboys to win this game after the coaching change....because they were getting burned every week before for sticking with them. and, it backfired on them.

19. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

As much as I want the Cowboys to go 1-15, I didn't want their only win to be against the Texans. So I'm kind of glad they won.

Ugh, of course the Texans are doing their best in becoming the worst NFL team in Texas this season.

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member