1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official NCAA Championship Thread (Fiesta Bowl)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4chuckie, Dec 30, 2002.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Alrighty guys I am leaving tomorrow for Sin City for New Years and a couple days then flying out Friday morning to watch the Bucks tangle with the Hurricanes in Tempe!

Anyways everyone knows I am very biased towards my Buckeyes, but I wanted to elaborate on my predictions:

1) OSU needs Clarett healthy. I do think he will go out of the game at some point, just because stingers don't heal in a month. But hopefully it's not long or it's late in the game.
    2) Krenzel can not make a mistake. No INTS or fumbles lost on sacks. He doesn't have to be perfect but just don't lose the game for the Bucks.
    3) Our O-line has to be physical and like FSU and WVU did we have to run the ball all day long. CONTROL THE CLOCK!
    4) We have to not only win but dominate special teams. I have no doubt that Groom and Nugent are the best 2 kickers ont eh field, but we can not allow any big returns. Our Fab 4 freshamn LB's have to fly around on coverage and make plays.
    5) Defensively we have to slow down Miami. We can not stop them, too balanced, but we have to make them settle for field goals, then get anxious and force things. I love the Buckeye defense and I know they will giv eup some yards but they will not break. They need to make some plays (Mike Doss show why you are an All-American, big day from the fresh prince Will Smith, Simon Frasier shows the world why he will be a big time NFL player in a couple years, Matt Wilhelm will be huge in the middle). One big key to the Bucks is Cie Grant. He played CB last year and this year moved back to LB. He will get a lot of one-on-one time with Winslow Jr. We need Cie to play his best game over. Gamble will be ok at one corner, but I know Miami will b epicking on our other corners. We need our front 4 (Smith, Anderson, Frasier and company) to hurry Dorsey up and force bad throws.

My prediction:
    1. Miami moves the ball easily between the red zones early in the game.
    2. Clarett runs into immortality (or until his shoulder breaks)
    3. OSU wins the battle of field position with Groom booming punts
    4. Very close game in the 1st half, with Miami being effective offensively but has troubles scoring TDs.
    5. 2nd half Miami tightens up, tries to force big plays and the Bucks take advantage. Very low scoring secong half.
    6. Miami has one last chance to win the game late but Cie Grant makes a play to seal it.
    7. OSU 23 Miami 19

Again just my opinion (I know there is a Bowl Game Pick 'Em) about the 2002-3 NCAA Championsip game!

Arizona here I come!

Go Bucks!

2. Major

Major Member

Miami 35
    OSU 17

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm rooting for OSU because I always root for the underdog when i have no connection to either team...

but I don't think they'll win...they may keep it close, but i don't see them winning.

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Im rooting for Miami to blow out OSU because this will assure me that Miami was the best team in the country and no one could play with them.

If OSU wins, I'll go into a funk of what-if UT just had some decent coaching.

I know it's sick and twisted but so what.

I hate Greg Davis.

5. mduke

mduke Member

OSU- 16
    Miami- 15

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Miami wins big. They pick the score.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Ohio State

Why? Cause Jim Tressel will win his first national championship.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Never thought I would say this, but go Buckeyes!

OSU 24
    Miami 23

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Miami 49
    Ohio State 10

Miami jumps out to a big lead, OSU must resort to their passing game, Miami has a field day on defense. I predict at least 1 interception returned for a touchdown by Miami.

I regard Ohio State as one of the worst teams to ever play in a national title game.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have a feeling that this year's OSU = last year's Nebraska in that their defense's legs are too thick.

The sad thing is that this year's Miami team is nowhere as good as the 2001 team maybe not even as good as the 2000 team.

The only way that I see OSU having any chance is forcing 6 turnovers like Penn State did back in the '87 Fiesta Bowl against Vincenzo.

Fortunately, Dorsey is no Vincenzo, but he does force things from time to time.

If the Buckeyes can win the time of possession, the turnover battle, and make Dorsey think that he has to win it himself, then they have a shot albeit a slim one.

Miami just has the better athletes and when they are focused, they play their best games. And you better believe that Coker will have them focused for this game.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/fiesta_clarettfuneral.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting story I wonder how Clarrett will be effected. He may come out pumped or just emotionaly worn out to really care about the outcome of the game. Ohio State should have defintely let this guy go back home, they should have made it clear it was okay. shame on Ohio State

12. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Miami 80
    OSU -7