1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(OFFICIAL) NBA 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 19, 2020.

1. StevieCrossover

I'd like to see the best players from the Western Conference Vs the Lakers.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Shroeder is not known for defense. Danny green and rondo were far superior defensively to what they have now. Rondo I feel is also a better passer.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Shroeder isn't that good either though. He a score first point guard that needs the ball. Anyone who takes the ball out of Lebrons hands is a plus for us.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Denis has turned into a great on the ball defender, plus no one on the Rockets could keep him in front of them denying him the lane.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know Dennis was too quick for us, but that's my point. I'd still rather have Dennis Schroeder with the ball than Lebron. We had no answer for Lebron at all. Rondo did a really good job frustrating Harden. Schroder on the other hand is way to small. Besides Dort, no one on OKC even bothered James.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Lebron will use you then cast you off for the next free agent.

7. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

3 years is probably too long to give this iteration of the Lakers. Bron is about to turn 36 and has nearly 60,000 NBA minutes on his body (not to mention Team USA). Even with as superhuman as he is and the insane lengths he goes to take care of his body his athleticism/durability is probably going to slip before too long and it could happen pretty quick.

They look pretty daunting next season though.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We need an answer for when teams like the Lakers double Harden. They double him at the half court and press him until he passes. While he passes, no one can score just another 3pt brick. Silas needs to implement a real second way to score.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It's really gonna depend on Wood. We know have the pick and roll lob threat again and Wood will have a lot of opportunities.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

as long as we never pursuited either bogdan or joe harris, Win Now a bs

11. HardenVolumeOne

shroeder killed us in that okc series, when he had the ball i was begging for him to jack a three, because everytime he drove to the basket it was a layup or foul everytime, we flat out couldnt guard him. He's better and smarter than westbrook because he plays within himself

12. JW86

JW86 Member

Has there even been an off-season where so many guys took discounts to join contenders?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is why viewership is down. nobody wanted to see another lebron superteam but that's what we've been fed by the nba.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do you really think it is that hard for the Lakers to sign a full-time defender like Lu Dort when they pick up players like Gasol or Dwight left and right?

Think again, they just go through the list of undrafted, G leaguers, oversea players and pick out the best of the crop.

They could also trade Kuzma for defenders, shooters if they wanted, tons of options IMO.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know he killed us but as bad as Lebron and AD killed us. I'll gladly take possessions away from those two. Shroeder seems like a guard that is most effective with the ball. If they want Lebron to play off ball great.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Considering their isn't one left. I do think it'll be hard. They may trade for one but will this guy be able to shoot?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol yeah I hope they have flaws otherwise the NBA would be unwatchable, one sided again.

However, they have done a good enough job so far.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I personally think they are worse. For what they need Rondo > Schroeder. They also lost Bradley who was huge for them in regular season. Green > Mathews. Even if he couldn't shoot straight Danny Green is like a good luck charm. You should never get rid of a guy like him. Wherever he goes makes it to the finals and usually wins. Spurs, Raptors, Lakers. It can't just be a fluke. Just seems they took a huge step back defensively.

Sure they upgraded their Center position but I don't see how that helps considering they have to play small vs us.

Also Markieff Morris killed us and he's unsigned.

19. HardenVolumeOne

Caruso is starting, Schroeder might be coming off the bench( i believe he has won 6th man of the year before)

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.