1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official NBA 2015 All-Star Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Feb 8, 2015.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is a meaningless game. Who cares about the All-star MVP. It has no effect whatsoever on the regular season or end of season awards.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Bummer. I was hoping jarden would get mvp of this game, then reg season mvp, then finals mvp

3. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KiaAllStarMVP?src=hash">#KiaAllStarMVP</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/567174925069594625">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OPLpmbg5YwO/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You guys are tripping about Harden not winning the MVP, Westbrook deserved it.

It's the AllStar game, big points and flashy dunks are all that matters. Talking about "Hardens was more efficient" Lmao ALLSTAR game doesn't matter! Great game by both Harden and Westbrook.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pretty funny that you make that comment with that video above you

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I was getting mad then I remembered who cares

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was angrier when Harden lost the All-Star All-Style in the first round.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The all-star game is pathetic. There is no defence so a player who scores a lot of points does so because he plays more selfish not because of skills. Westbrook took an all-time record amount of FGs. Anybody who has plays selfishly can get 41 points, nobody tries to stop you from scoring.

I am not saying this because i think Harden should have won the MVP, I am saying that there should not be an MVP for the all-star game since nobody is trying to play defence or try to win. I do not choose an MVP when I play catch with my daughters and this has about the same competitive elements.

I tried watching the game, but I had to turn it off after 2 minutes, it is just not fun at all.

The entire all-star weekend is not fun, there is no competitive aspect in anything.

9. VanityHalfBlack

I won some money from last night's game that's all I care, lol.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm sorry Westbrook did not deserve it and this has nothing to do with Harden. Kerr played Westbrook too many minutes and all he did was chuck, he ruined the All-Star game. Instead of a duel with Curry, James, Harden and all the people you want to see we got Westbrook chucking all night. One of the worst all star games ever. Dude is a point guard surrounded by all stars and had 1 assist, lol. No wonder OKC was struggling without Durant. Thank god we got Harden instead of this chuckle-head.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

That play was 90% Curry.

12. Sanity2disChaos

Before I read the bottom I thought the same thing.