1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Nationals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 28, 2010.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Myers continues to own Dunn.

That inning almost got out of control.

2. BrooksBall

Tejada is struggling mightily after a good first month.

3. BrooksBall

Another GIDP opportunity for Cash.

4. BrooksBall

Remember when a lot of Astros fans used to complain about the Everett/Ausmus black hole in the lineup.

Well, any combination of Manzella/Feliz/Cash/Quintero is significantly worse.

5. BrooksBall

Horrible play there by Blum.

6. BrooksBall

Joke team is a joke.

Typical bad throw home by Berkman. Cash didn't make up for it. I haven't been very impressed with Cash's glove.

Let's just hand this game away despite a 4-0 lead.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Expect otherwise heh

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Cash is a terrible player. I have no idea how he has a job.

9. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

10. BrooksBall

Well, they say Towles can't handle a pitching staff and that Cash is good at it. I don't know if the numbers bear that out but he was known to be a horrible hitter and I am not impressed with his glove, his ability to block pitches in the dirt or his ability to throw to bases.

He must be really good at calling games and framing pitches because I don't see anything else.

I guess Mills knows Cash from the Red Sox so he has to know something about him that isn't visible to us fans.

11. BrooksBall

Pence has so much raw power in that wiry frame that he can choke halfway up a bat and still crush balls over the fence.

12. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could be a very good/great hitter if he'd ever consistently work counts and hit to right field. Oh, how I wish.

13. BrooksBall

Myers putting together another more than solid outing for a #3 starter. Horrible plays by Blum, Berkman and Cash have cost us a couple of runs and possibly an extra inning of work for Myers. Our bullpen has been taxed over the last several games so every extra inning we can get out of our starters right now is crucial. Plus, Moehler is starting tomorrow which means even more heavy work for the pen.

14. BrooksBall

No doubt. He's actually taken a few balls the other way in the past week or so. I imagine they've been working on that with him in BP and stuff.

15. BrooksBall

Nearly an oppo field HR for Bourn. I know there is power in his game that he can still realize, even as a leadoff guy.

16. BrooksBall

Does anybody recall if Berkman has always had a craptastic overhand throw throughout his career?

It's about the only thing he does poorly. He's always been an elite hitter, he has a strong glove and is solid with underhand tosses.

I do remember that he came into last season with a shoulder issue. I can't remember if it was his right or left shoulder though.

17. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I actually don't remember Berkman throwing like that before.

18. BrooksBall

It's been going on for at least this season and last. I know that much for sure.

I was hoping that Pence hit a 2B or 3B there and would be going for the cycle in his next AB.

What do they call a cycle plus a walk? The only thing I could find was one reference to the term "cycle-plus."

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

MIght be able to fetch us something come TD? Nothing significant but maybe 1 prospect. And Moehler starts Thursday, Wandy tomorrow. ;)

20. BrooksBall

My bad. Had my days mixed up. Still the same point. Our pen has been taxed recently.

Not sure if or what Myers could get us. He may have been able to go another inning tonight if not for those errors in the 5th.