1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official Miami Heat 2010-11 season thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Al Capone, Oct 6, 2010.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LeBron said "Now or Never", so he means never.

2. likestohypeguy

If LeBron was "quiet & humble", he might get a little less hate from a certain demographic, but what good is respect without the moolah to back it up?

Yeah welcome to Hater Logic 101.

:mad:

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You kidding?

They will have A LOT more pressure next season. They can't use the "we haven't gelled yet excuse anymore". If they lose next season, they will yet again be the laughing stock of the league.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Um, I'm pretty sure Dallas would trade positions with the Heat right now.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

I see what you mean now. You meant if he wanted to contend but come up short still, he would have stayed in Cleveland.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He was on the team with 60 + wins two years in a row, with the best record in NBA.

Can't say that team is not contending. Though were they the favorites? Probably not, but they were still contending. He came to Miami Heat to be the favorites, and they were in the finals. They came up short, and thus they failed.

That's my opinion, although some Miami fans (I say some because the majority don't care enough about basketball to actually defend Miami) would go so far to call this loss a success, which is not.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how with 45M-50M hard cap and big 3 earning 19M each next season?

8. noize

noize Contributing Member

I also pick them to beat the Mavs, but I be the first to admit their failures and not try to hide or sugar coat anything. Stay humble, admit defeat, congrat the other team and move forward. Is that so hard for you to do?

9. Steve_Francis_rules

There's just no way there's going to be a 45-50M hard cap. The players will never go for it, and honestly the league doesn't want it because it will hit their most marketable teams (Miami and LA) the hardest.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do you honestly believe that? The Heat have a permanent bullseye painted on their backs, especially LeBron. The Decision, his stupid blatter about 4,5,6,7 championships and his 4th quarter failures in the Finals against the Mavs have him boxed into a corner. It's championship or bust! Howard and CP3 aren't worth half the hype or LeBron & Wade.

Your supreme confidence about them signing new rotation players may be ill-founded. None of us has any idea how much the new CBA will restrict teams. A smaller cap, a harder cap and possibly the lack of an MLE will affect Miami more than any other contender because so much of their money is locked up and they have a severe lack of depth.

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Signed,

Kevin Durant

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If the league has a hard cap in the 45-50M range then all contending teams will have to shed salary, not just Miami. Even if the Heat give Bosh away for nothing they will still have a better core than most teams with just Wade and LeBron.

What contending team wont have to get rid of guys if they go to a hard cap?

The Heat, specifically LeBron, really blew a great shot at a ring. But it was just their first year together and they are the favorites next season for a reason. I'm sure every team in the league outside of OKC would trade rosters with them if they could.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Forget a hard carp from $45-50MM. This is a worst-case scenario that won't happen and isn't even worth discussing. But the new CBA will likely have a "harder" cap and make it difficult for the better teams to add players (a reduced or eliminated MLE). Among contenders, specific to the Heat was their acute lack of depth, which may be difficult to address unless they break up their core with a trade. Their team chemistry should improve, but I question how much better their roster will be.

14. rju1986

rju1986 Member

They still failed.. but so did everyone else in the league not named the Dallas Mavs. I suppose the Heat's true test will be next season- providing better chemistry and new personnel; however there are also other (great) teams out there just missing their final piece as well.