1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Message Board

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by shastarocket, Nov 16, 2013.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

This probably belongs in the dish, but I figured the Feedback section will foster better discussion.

Up until recently, the Blazers ran their own official message board for obvious reasons. However, it has been a failure due to low traffic and poor(?) moderation.

Yesterday, the Blazers announced a one-year partnership with an established message board (RipCityTwo) to make them the new official Blazers forum.

What's interesting is that besides the expected changes:
    (new skin to match Blazers website, ads will be replaced with ads from the NBA and its sponsors, prominent mentions about the forum on TV, games, radio, etc.)

there are some unexpected decisions:
    (no changes to the site rules or content, profanity and avatars will continue to be unfiltered, recent thread titles will be displayed on Blazers.com)

Poking through their forum, I discovered that they are just .....like .....us....

I know Clutch is obviously much closer to the Rockets organization now than when the site was first launched, but I was wondering if the Rockets ever offered something similar? Even if they did, would we accept it?

Can you imagine Rockets.com prominently displaying and linking directly to this thread or this thread or (goodness gracious) this thread

edit: looks like profanity WILL be filtered, but only from thread titles in the main forum.

#1 shastarocket, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting.

But that RipCityTwo forum looks like it's just a sub-sub-forum for SportsTwo Forums (whatever that is). They have a sub-sub-forum for every NBA team, and those smaller forums are dedicated to Blazers basketball talk entirely. There is no NFL, MLB, college sports, other NBA teams, or Hangout/D&D.

CF is obviously a Rockets forum first and foremost, but it has substantial traffic in those other areas as well. (And I don't think the Rockets would want to be in any way associated with talks that go on in the D&D or the Hangout.)

As for me, I wouldn't want this forum to become tied to the Rockets organization. They would have to come in with a heavy hand and take at least some control away from Clutch/mods and/or limit some of the content put on here. And I wouldn't be a fan of that.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

As long as they keep their filthy paws off Unsorted.

5. Kam

Kam Member

I think they tried rolling one out a few seasons ago. Something called wet paint.

6. heypartner

heypartner Member

even before LakersForum hit (I was in touch with Larry Coon at that time, it was usenet, not LF), the Oregorian had a message board for the Pippen Failblazers.

That was a horrible mess. Y'all can ask Mango for confirmation, if you don't believe me.

Clutch is the measure of success and how to do things. No one else.

1 person likes this.
  7. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

It appears that the vast majority of traffic is on the Blazers subforum, but they do have their own Hangout/D&D

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't fix what is working.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

My only argument is that the Rockets would take over the server costs and possibly allow for new special guests during the podcasts

10. BamBam

BamBam Member

I agree with both of you! Any time change happens it can only result in two things, it gets better, or it gets worse! In this scenario I'm sure they (Rockets) would want to have major input on how the site is run, and what can, and cannot be allowed in Cf's. I'll repeat what Easy said: Don't fix what is working! This site is perfect the way it is, besides we've already seen how this place has changed with all the influx of new members the last few years!.:mad:... I'm sure that IF there ever came a time when such a scenario came to present itself, Clutch would do the right thing, for himself AND for all the members who call this place home!

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

What makes CF great are obviously tinman and his 99 troopers.

1 person likes this.