1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Mcnair Vent Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tony Stark, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think Cowher and muster up a Offense that gets more than 3 points in the 1st quarter. More than 10 points in the 1st half of games.

Offense is only good when the defense relaxes and gets comfortable with a 2 TD lead.

Even with a mediocre defense. . this team would still be 8-8

Rocket River

Rocket River

2. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I will have to cheer for Texas' other team. This is ridiculous, only one winning season and how many seasons has Kubiak been here?

3. Remix

Remix Member

The Texans organization has really made me appreciate what we have with Leslie Alexander, Daryl Morey, and Rick Adelman

4. Landlord Landry

lol. The Rockets have been fairly mediocre for awhile.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Perhaps you can now understand why I feel that losing and mediocrity (and stupidity) is institutionalized in Houston. From the Oilers to the Astros to the Rockets and now the Texans, it's the same s***, different flush.

6. Remix

Remix Member

Just two years ago they took the Lakers to 7 games in the 2nd round. The Rockets can only play the hand that they're dealt. Every move since then shows that the organization is committed to winning despite what the record shows. Wish i could say the same about the Texans.

7. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Not for lack of trying. :rolleyes:

8. Landlord Landry

one playoff win in 13 years.....

bout the same pace the Texans are on.

9. Remix

Remix Member

Okay you win...

Leslie Alexander is as conservative and afraid of making big moves as Bob McNair

Daryl Morey is as bad at evaluating talent as Rick Smith

Rick Adelman is as bad at managing games and players as Gary Kubiak

:rolleyes:

10. Landlord Landry

I didn't say any of that. You did.

I'm just saying that The Rockets are not exactly a shining example of how the Texans should be running their org.

and if you'd really like to debate Morey, we can do it in the proper thread, but I don't care how awesome Morey is in evaluating talent or robbing other teams.....he still hasn't put together a serious contending roster yet.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think a lot would be forgiven if we could make a splash through free agency and the draft.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You take out any team's two best or highest paid players, and they will not be anywhere near where the Rockets are currently. We've had bad luck with TMac and Yao. Last season, we had almost 40 million worth of payroll in street clothes...yet, we still had a winning record and were inches away from the playoffs.

Had Yao remained healthy, along with TMac, there is no telling how well they could have done. Even if Yao just stayed healthy, we'd be a force.

The Rockets are such a great organization...you cant ever predict injuries, but its clear the Rockets have had more than their fare share of them. The owner, GM, and coach have been nothing short of exceptional and have done about as well as any team could do given the circumstances.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Nope, Kubiak is a loser, not even a top five pick will make up for the pig headed decision to bring him back.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

And we will still be watching and hoping for the best. I mean a few might be off the bandwagon but most of us are die-hard fans.

Most of us thought he was a decent coach coming into this season but he proved us wrong. Now, we think he's a craptastic coach. Hopefully, we'll be proven wrong again.

15. QPower

QPower Member

2 out of 3 are correct.

Les is too cheap to get us some talent and Adelman is bad at managing the rotation and has ****ty substitution patterns.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Riiiiight, so an owner that okays deals like the Drexler trade, Barkley trade, Pippen signing (technically it was a sign and trade), Steve Francis trade, and TMac trade is too cheap to get us some talent...

And I don't know how Adelman won 61% of the games he's coached, must be with smoke and mirrors....

17. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Didn't fire Rick Smith. Kubiak still here. Texans 5-11. Worst passing D in the league. Etc.

A mix between this
    [​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol, if anything, Les is one of the few owners that is willing to dish out the money to bring talent in. Cheap would definitely not be the word to describe Alexander. In fact, he's the exact opposite.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If he keeps Rick smith I will lose all hope and predict McNair will never bring a winrar to Houston.

20. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

No one assigned them players. They dealt their own hand. You are being waaayyyy to homer on the rockets.

1 playoff win in 13 years is ridiculous. 104 teams made it to the 2nd round in that span. Less than 1% of 2nd round appearances?

The Astros had a great run from 97-05. Downhill ever since but they are definitely the best of the Houston teams since 97.