1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow, that spin turnaround over 2 defenders was a superstar move. jesus. too bad he didn't have his legs to end the game. he should have driven more b/c they respected his J a ton.

and a double team out to the 3pt line?

umm.. the ones he missed were the same types of shots he made: off the dribble. he simply missed them. the only shot out of rhythm was the last shot over boozer where he clearly was leaning way too much.

his hurdle is now to mix up his games. it's nice his J is coming back, but he should mix up his game. your J is't going to fall all game. get inside, and get to the line.

secondly, you're right. he needs to do it every game. he's showing he's getting that consistency back. but he needs to do it for a week, then month, then months. and then repeat next year.

but it's so sad to see a guy with that much talent derailed by injuries. *******.

#1901 t_mac1, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

even if he didn't undergo all that surgery, he's still of that age where driving to the hoop wouldn't be what it once was.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that's obvious. but he has shown his first step is good enough still in this L.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Charlie had enough time to one-dribble pull up. But he just settled with a contested three. Lmao.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

good for tracy that he is showing that he maybe turning the corner and becoming a serviceable nba player again. he wont be a scoring champ but the guy is a talent, a supreme talent. An idiot of a person but a supreme basketball talent. I like watching nba talent play and his return back would only help the nba not hurt it.

he burnt all his bridges in houston, he wont be back here but man, i just cant stand to watch detroit play hopefully he lands somewhere else where i would be more willing to watch a game now and then

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I agree with all of this, it seems that Detroit has a lot of players that people just don't want to root for......just an ugly mish mash of talent that doesn't fit.

DD

7. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

When is he going to play 30+ minutes????

Seriously..

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Tracy is that type of player. Once he gets his jumper rollin, he completly FORGETS about driving to the basket. He could have easily had 20 yesterday, but at some point the jumper stopped falling and Tracy stopped scoring.

He needs to mix it up. Cause his step is a lot quicker than last year and with that jumper being so wet he can be really, really good.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good post, I completely agree. Everybody likes the jump shot when they have it. Guys like Lebron and wade don't need to shoot jumpers.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

No, if guys like Wade or LeBron MAKE jumpshots they are unstopable.

Guy like McGrady, when he attacks the basket he can be very very good.

11. tmacfor35

I understand they are unstoppable with the jumper but they have te ability to drive the ball 75% of the time. They will get fouled or make the shot. Dwayne Wade was phenomenal in the 05 playoffs when he took it to te rack time after time.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It will be interesting to see how he plays tonight.

If he can get 15+ points, that's really a big step considering it's a back to back.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

See, it is not about points really. It is about making plays.

In the 1st half against the Bulls Tracy did NOTHING. It was because he was completly IGNORED by Will Bynum and because he was not that agressive.

In the 2nd half he had the ball in his hands and started making plays. He either scored or helped on 16 straight points for Detroit in the 4th. That's pretty damn good.

What's funny, it was the 2nd straight game when he FORCED Kuester to play him way over 20 minutes. Because if not his superb plkay in the 4th, he would have finished the game with 18 minutes.

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Agreed.

Wait, why did he get mad???

I read about him getting mad and going to the bench?? What exactly happened?

15. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

because will bynum and stuckey literially froze him out of the offense in the 2nd quarter last night. It's probably because they are mad that keuster is giving tracy the ball at the end of games and not them, he seems to have more trust in tracy and is giving tracy bynums minutes for the most part.....That'd make me mad if that happened to me but i wouldn't not pass to a guy just because he has a unverse worth of BBIQ that i don't....plus size.....and skill lol.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

FREE LP, yeah, that's great.

It will be interesting to see how many minutes will he get? 18?

17. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

It's all about his aggressivness

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

19. tmacfor35

He is starting to get doubled pretty frequently. May be because Matt Carrol is trying to check him though.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

what sucks?

Hahah will bynum is OUT of the rotation. How dumb is Q. Or actually smart :D