1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All I got to say about McGrady is that he is doing well lately and im happy for him.

1 person likes this.
  2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This thread may be the first time I've ever seen Turkoglu called either "an elite" or "very good" defender. He's usually described as "able to tread water on defense"

You're welcome!

Well, being fair...McGrady himself said after the game that it wasn't his knee, his knee was 100%, that it was all mental.......and then announced microfracture surgery 2 weeks later after seeing almost half a dozen different orthopedics.

My stance has been he did not recover from his knee being scoped....but he dealt with that bad knee in the worst way possible. Had he gotten microfracture instead of just the scope that offseason and missed the entire year...he might still be a Rocket today and loved by most.

For whatever reason, McGrady needed to go through the past two seasons to accept that he needed to dial it back and adjust his game to what his body will allow him to do and that he needed to pay serious attention to his strength and conditioning. Good for him that he's rebounded back and is playing like Grant Hill.

3. VBG

VBG Member

I got no problem with that. Clutch was referring to T-Mac playing badly because of lack of heart rather than injury but injury was definately there. He had ****ing microfacture surgery right after

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im a troll for truth.

glad you agree w/ me that he did quit though - i really dont know what you were arguing w/ me about. seems kind of trollish to go around arguing w/ people over things you actually agree on.

5. jo mama

dude im pretty sure he wasnt injured - clutch said as much in his article and even t_mac1 admits it...he quit.

and what "crappy misseddunk" are you referring to? if it was the one where artest was laughing on the sidelines, that was not from the infamous toronto game.

6. VBG

VBG Member

He was BOTH. Why can't you accept that someone who had surgery was injureD?

7. jo mama

his injury had nothing to do w/ him quitting in toronto.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hahahaha did tinmac just say he doesn't hate tmac? Thats like saying tinmac doesn't hate tmac.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He qui, he got traded, rockets got great vlue in return everyone has moved on except jo mama. lol :grin:

10. VBG

VBG Member

I agree. He played without heart in that game like Kobe did in the playoffs against the Suns.

But that doesn't change the fact that he was ALSO injured

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate tmac, I just don't believe that some of his followers were ever true Rockets fans or nba fans based on their version of nba history.

12. tresimecgredi

tresimecgredi Member

After knowing the NBA only thanks to Michael Jordan (I premise I'm italian), I started following this sleepy guy with number 1, and I became one of his fans. When he went to Houston I found this incredible forum, and I admit this is the best sport forum that there is. Thanks to some of the older members like Cluch DD and tinman, I found how great this club is and I get in love with another player, Hakeem.
    I can't consider myself a rockets fan, but I always am happy when they win and I see some games on LP.
    T-mac fans, like all fans of one player, always overestimate their hero, there are really crazy ones and good ones, but the one thing in common for sure is that the only good place to talk about him is in this forum :grin:

p.s.: sorry for my english :p

13. number22

number22 Member

Nicely said

14. jo mama

or lebron against the celtics last year. that was a shocking display of quittery as well.

i agree. he had been dealing w/ injury issues for awhile when things all came to a head. but it was the way he handled things that pissed many of us off. we dont need to get into a laundry list of all he did, but everyone knows that there was alot more than just the 'toronto game'.

many people seem to think that the 'hate' comes from the fact that he was injured when that is not it at all. it is the key difference b/t mcgrady and yao - yao was definitely more injury prone, but he handled it like a pro - and his work ethic and dedication can never be questioned.

i dont either - never said i did. but i do hate the way he handled himself the last couple years here. just like fans in toronto and orlando also hate the way he handled himself when he was there.

your english is great! better than 99.99999% of clutchfans italian.

15. jskogsberg

jskogsberg Member

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

A little lesson to jo mama:

I can still the random crap that spews out of your mouth from the quotes of other posters. So don't act so flattered fool.

17. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

[​IMG]

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Molto Bene

19. number22

number22 Member

Haha i've had jo mama on ignore since the 2nd yo mama line. Put his replies are so hilarious i'm tempted to remove him from my list.

Tinmac on the other hand at times keeps this plane level.

20. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

No
    you said he wasnt hurt - he quit

t_mac1 said he was hurt - he quit

obviously u arent paying attention to what u keep saying.