1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

nope. i have no problem w/ people praising mcgradys "accomplishments" - just dont try and rewrite history. and find me anywhere i have called someone a "fake rocket fan".

again, i have no problem w/ people praising mcgradys "accomplishments" - just dont try and rewrite history.

i do "get off" on seeing all you TOFs get so upset when people speak the truth about your idol.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason for Tracy's demise in Houston was his own doing, his secrecy about his health and surgery as well as issues with coaching ultimately led the two sides to end it.

When Tracy went to New York to prove that he could play more than 7 minutes a game, he did.. then he got a bunch of DNPs and Rockets were proven correct.

It's not like Daryl Morey woke up one day and decided to get rid of him, he wanted to leave.

I don't think he was faking, but I think he was not very good at communicating with the Rockets.

the last year, he left the impression he didn't care, going on california radio shows, not showing up to games.

I'm impressed Yao even shows up knowing he's done for the whole year.

2 people like this.
  3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is easily your best post in this thread tinman. props.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

thanks, i know you aren't a TOF. Jo Mama needs not friendly fire on you.

you know I don't hate Tmac, I just don't like the people who make him out to be a saint or a better player than he really is or have his number retired by the Rockets. there's no what if in the rafters of Toyota Center, it's only what did.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

jo mama is just a troll in this thread. and a lot of tmac fans are irrational as well.

nevertheless, it would also be nice for rocket fans to at least show some respect for what tmac did for us. although he was traded away with questions about his heart (and we all know tracy was/and still is a guy who let things get to him and the knee injury did), there's no question that he also played many games injured for us.

ultimately, tmac is gone. this thread is for people who still enjoy watching him play. if there are some tmac homers in here, let them be. no need to blast them all the time tinman.

if you're a fan of somebody, sometimes you can be irrational (just like how it comes to the rockets too). we don't need to destroy every post made by those type of people.

basically, i think this thread, from now on, should focus on tmac's return to relevance in the NBA. no more about the past. it's been beaten to death.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This I totally agree with, The announcement of his microfracture was a b**** move, so was his claim that he was 100% ready to play last year

7. tinman

Supporting Member

alright,

I'll cease fire unless some starts saying the Rockets need to retire Tmac's number. I'll educate them on the truth.

I'll sit this one out and read my Vegas magazine.
    [​IMG]

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

jo mama, teenmac & knote 32 - best bs trio on clutchfans

It just reminds me

[​IMG]

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whoever started this thread (Jail for TOF's), I thank you from the bottom of my heart, (That thing in your chest)... :)

[​IMG]

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The key is he needs to keep attacking the rim. Hedo, Richardson and gilbert couldnt even guard his jockstrap. Hedo infact is an elite type defender so that was fine effort. Now he needs to continue it.

11. mrjuandiego1988

dude im pretty sure he was injured you saying that crappy misseddunk was staged?

wtf is TOF? lol im not a tmac hater or lover if thats what you mean! im just a dude that understands that we are all humans that f-uck up sometimes.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wait Hedo is an elite type defender, are you shetting me

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

He just wanted to play and contribute to his team man, give the guy some credit.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

If he was injured, it inevitably played a role in his sluggish play and his "quitting". Injury had everything to do with that year - his diminished level of play and his terrible mindset in particular. He tried to play through the injuries but could not play at a high level.

The only thing you can blame him for is how he handled the adversity of not being able to play at a high level when Houston had finally surrounded him with a championship caliber team. Hate him for that, that's pretty fair. However, you also have to take into account that the injuries were a large part of everything that happened that year - including the "quitting".

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wow i come on here and again this thread is full of garbage that happened years ago, it's so pathetic. That thread is filled with a bunch of kindergarten-toddlers that have nothing better to do than discuss the same topic for months.

16. number22

number22 Member

Hi Pot, i'm Kettle

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Hedo is a very good defender.

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Anyone who follows the Magic can tell that none of the Magic starters are good perimeter defenders. They just have the best interior defender.

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Hedo is terrible defender, Nelson is bad, J-Rich is so-so, Bass is not bad, but he's undersized. All their defense is build on Howard ability on control the paint and solid coaching level of SVG

20. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

fixed