1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Matt Schaub to Raiders for late round pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DieHard Rocket, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i think defensive talent is easier to find in the later rounds than QB. People can say we are reaching or whatever but those 3 QBs are better than any that will be there in the 2nd round (assuming all 3 go in the first).

But who knows what will happen. The Texans themselves are probably banging their heads over this

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, you can hope that elite defensive talent will drop to later rounds or you can take it with the first overall pick, when it comes to QB this draft, you can't take an elite QB in any round but you can hope that good talent will drop. I'd rather take elite talent over good talent with the first pick in the draft.

3. Asian Sensation

So did the Raiders acquire an "elite QB"?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, they got a guy that used to be a top 10 QB who fell on hard times. It's a gamble as to if he has a few years left in him or if he's done.

5. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

6. Remii

Remii Member

I agree about the defense. Especially in this draft with guys like Trent Murphy, Ford, and Marcus Smith floating around after the first round. And pass rushers come a dime a dozen. Jarred Allen is out there looking for a job right now and you can beat there will be others looking for a job next year when the Texans have money to burn.

Just look at Seattle. Their only 1st round big time player on defense is Earl Thomas and they do not even have a double digit sack guy... Unless they sign Allen. Just like that got Bennett off the free agent market last year.

They should spend that 1st round pick on a QB, Watkins, or Robinson and give the new "offensive minded" coach some talent that can help the offense...

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

At least he went to a classy org. There will be no jersey burnings in Oakland. Pssssh ha did i just say that? They could drag a Schaub dummy around the parking lot and take turns running over it and the media wouldnt make a big deal of it like they did Houston.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They'll stab Schaub with a shiv after the first preseason game and they'll do it out of love.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You sound intelligent.

10. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

LOL!!!!!!!!

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Raider fans will kill for their team. It is a base instinct only a true warrior can comprehend. Which in retrospect is sad because the concept is easily stated.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lol! Guess Schaub will be battle fighting with the Oakland fans. They aren't as classy as Texans fans. Be well# pick 6.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The Schaub hate is ridiculous...

"Thanks for all the good QB play....the 6 years before last, but last year was terrible. It's all for not." "You suck Schuab. I'm gonna go to your house and confront you in front of our family." "Worst QB ever. Hope you crash and burn in Oakland."

Yeah, you're right. Texans fans are so damn classy. Assuming classy is a synonym for big gulp guzzling Neanderthal.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Because random quotes from internet posters is an adequate sample size.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it's not like Texans fans pour beer on player's wives. amirite?

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

How about an entire stadium cheering when he got injured, is that a large enough sample size?

1 person likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Houston fans are way more patient and understanding then east coast and west coast city fans... that's just a fact. Let him F up in Oakland like he did here and see how that fan base treats him.

18. Relentless

Relentless Member

The whole stadium wasn't, but the ones who did weren't cheering his injury, they just wanted him out as starter.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Still shows a lack of class either way.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I still cant believe that they truly believe that Matt Schaub is more than a stop gap...they think he has 3-4 great years of football... wth were they watching??? Since that "monster" NE Patriots game in 2012, the Texans have compiled 4 wins and 17 loses... Perhaps they are looking at the fact that Matt has gone... 14-10 since the start of 2012.

Raider fans will destroy the organization and may actually attack Schaub if he does bad...i really feel bad for the dude now...

On a more pleasant note: How the heck were we able to get out of that horrendous contract and get a 6th round pick?...I liken this move to something Morey wouldve done...and tbh, I think Morey helped out Rick Smith...:)

Kudos to Rick for getting us out of that terrible contract. It makes me think that the contract was extended primarily because Kubiak wanted it to be the case(security for the QB). The clock has started on Rick and he must deliver on FA and picks from this moment on...A failed 2014 draft will end his career as a GM.