1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Bregman’s game tying bomb off of a dude(Sewald) who has absolutely shut us down this year is huge for this team.

Hearing Correa’s post game interview on the field immediately after his walk off hit, he reminded everyone that this is September baseball. I completely expect this team to enter the postseason as one of the hottest teams in baseball, having home field advantage vs the White Sox in the ALDS.

joshuaao, Stephen66 and jakedasnake like this.
  2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah, if that player is Gerrit Cole, or any scrub pitcher in the league facing the Astros, then sure.

Tomstro likes this.
  3. mightybosstone

Huge win! I was pumped last night and hope this is the kind of win that pulls them out of the funk they've been in since the start of August.

On Odororizzi's comments, I might be in the minority, but I kinda think he has a point. If Bregman doesn't save their asses with a homer in the 9th, we'd be sitting here with a 4-2 loss in which the bullpen allowed the Mariners to take the lead in the 6th after Jake was pulled with only 66 pitches thrown.

I'm sure they have data suggesting Jake is terrible the third time though the lineup and his ERA in the 6th is trash, but I would have liked to see him come out in the 6th and at least be given a chance to get some outs before he's pulled with gas left in the tank. I don't love his attitude after the huge win, but I don't disagree with him either. If they had lost that game, I'd be ripping Dusty for that decision right about now.

bloodwings19, Stephen66 and The Beard like this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

May I introduce you to Buster Olney and Molly Knight?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. STR8Thugg

Sorry, worst local journalist.

His schtick is annoying. He loves to rile everyone up and then goes southern belle and pretends he has know idea whats going on.

Then posts 34 straight twitter messages about the confrontation with the manager/player/etc.

He's the "adult" version of a 17 year old internet troll having a laugh with his friends, and he thinks he's soooooooo damn cool for doing it. It's weird.

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Agree, I didn't like the decision at the time and posted as such. Jake has been much better lately and was under 70 pitches, with a pen who's leader had been unavailable with arm soreness. Was a stupid decision, as i've come to expect from Dusty

mightybosstone likes this.
  8. The Beard

Lol, his last 31 IP he has a 2.90 ERA and has given up about a baserunner per inning

This post sounds like a Dusty take. Mind is made up cause he was so bad earlier so now it doesn't matter if he is successful, just get rid of him cause your mind is made up

sheeesh, the dude has thrown well for 6 starts now

9. The Beard

I would be more happy if this was the last we saw of Dusty, i've been done with him for a while now

Nook, King1 and rockbox like this.
  10. The Beard

That has been clear for a while now

Dusty seems to enjoy giving Click and the FO a big FU

Stephen66 likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Bregman probably should have won the MVP in 2019, and was easily our best player in 2018 as well, and we were without him for 2 months. Even as loaded as we are, you feel that.

I think our extended run of success combined with some injuries have had the boys in the doldrums since the break. But its about time to start getting warmed up for October.

Nook and The Beard like this.
  12. STR8Thugg

The 3rd time through the order, batters are hitting .395 .435 .930 (YES, THAT'S A .930 SLUG)

Is this Justin Verlander and someone didn't tell me? Why would we cater to this ****ing clown. You're a starter on one of the best teams in baseball, and you're almost certainly going to the bullpen come playoff time. At least he should. Get a grip. Have some damn perspective Jake.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You kind of have to earn making comments like that and Jake really hasn’t. But to his point, it was a weird pull last night. Could have left him in.

They’ll hash it out and will be fine. Jake has been better lately and deserves an opportunity to go deeper which Dusty will almost certainly give him. Sink or swim.

Nook, Nippystix, Htown Legend and 2 others like this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Is his third time through the order because he was getting tired or because batters were figuring him out. I say give him a shot to go longer but not when the game is close. We can let him go longer during our games where with give him a 6 run lead heading into the 6th inning.

15. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yep, gotta let his mouth overload his ass now.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Pitchers as an overgeneralization are prima Donnas. If they pitch well, it is a sign of character and a sign of being an ultimate competitor. If not, they are whiny punks and/or mentally weak.

17. The Beard

I also wonder just how healthy Bregman has been since 2019. This may be the first time he has felt fully healthy.

Nook likes this.
  18. The Beard

Yea and if you watch the whole interview Jake was kind of pushed towards some of his comments

BigM likes this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Unfortunately no. I missed it. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the score. Great win!!

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  20. HeyBudLetsParty

Odorizzi has been the weak link all season, can’t be mediocre and a diva on a team with championship aspirations. Chas, Diaz could easily be full time starters somewhere, Graveman could be the closer, he’s gotta either get his attitude in check or get left off the playoff roster like Fiers.