1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 24, 2020.

1. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

2. awc713

awc713 Member

Luhnow really deserves a statue for signing Brantley for chump change. He ranks in my top 5 most professional/polished hitters in the game. Just beautiful to watch.

3. Mr. Space City

First win of the Dusty Baker Era! :D

msn, snowconeman22 and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

First W of the Dusty era!

And don't let clowns like PhiSlammaJamma fool you into thinking they're actually rooting for us to win.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

if we can get tucker to play even 80% of the ability that luhlow thought he had when he refused to trade him and replace him at right, we would have a lineup where basically the only below average hitter would be the catcher. we could have alvarez hitting 7th and tucker 8th. just a crazy line up with great pitching 1-3 and a great bullpen.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Every win is important this season. The expanded playoff field certainly helps mitigate to a degree, but even a good team can go 30-30 or worse over a 60 game stretch.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Don't even pretend to be an Astros fan

CheezeyBoy22 and htwnbandit like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

How are those Padres doing? You guys are struggling. lol. It's ok to join the Astros party, there's plenty of room on the wagon for ya..

9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Wow, you really got me there, huh?

htwnbandit likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Diaz strikes me as the type of guy that thinks staying in shape consists of a cigar, a steak, a twelve pack and a half dozen hacks with a wiffle bat a couple times a week.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Nobody here is on the “Astros cheated in 2019 even though MLB cleared them” bandwagon other than you so you're right plenty of room there

Nook, CheezeyBoy22 and STR8Thugg like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

Damn. Your still alive? Everyone thought I killed you in the other thread during the debate. I give you credit for getting back up though and dusting yourself off. By the way, I said wagon, not bandwagon just to get it right. We still like you. 59 more games buddy, and a post season, so jump on for the ride and enjoy it. We have fun in the game threads. Welcome.

#172 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  13. HouClone

HouClone Member

Any good change up pitcher has got to locate his fastball. Hope Devo can do it. He hasnt done ot in The few he has thrown so far has
    He learned that from the Mariners' Vogelbach.

Nook likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

I didn't know what to expect from the relief pitchers that pitched yesterday. Other than Devo, I had briefly seen them play.
    [​IMG]

SR610 had their first regular season astros post game show in decades. Thought it was better than the flagship's as it went more than 30 minutes. Don't know if the 1 hour and a half is sustainable but I like it when people talk baseball. I hope they keep it going. Everybody look ok.

Ha, that Yankees post about baseball being hard when not knowing what pitch is coming, then someone posts " It's just as hard when you know what pitch is coming" (then inserts video of Lance's 24 curveballs)

Madmanmetz likes this.
  15. Screaming Fist

At the least it will be interesting to see Toro get more work. I wonder if the Astros have tried working with him on getting more air under the ball. He seems to have a knack for hitting the ball hard but hasn’t been able to generate much power yet in his career.

Nook and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I know the answer is in this forum somewhere but what’s the TLDR update on Yordan ad Urquidy?

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I think they were both cleared for baseball activities. Probably will be a week or so for Yordan until he plays (just my speculation).

whiskeyred likes this.
  18. CinematicFusion

It's July 25th. Who would have thought the Astros are still Undefeated heading into August. Nobody could have called that last year. Truly incredible.

Jake Tower, htwnbandit, Sppy1 and 3 others like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

That was awesome... Can't remember being so hyped for a regular season game. Early on I was a bit nervous, but the bats came alive and it turned into another "boring" win.

Astros OPS on pace for .816. Red Sox on pace for 1.136. Dodgers on pace for .992 → CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Seattle always has to implode on themselves. It started with that error from third on what should have been a double play ball. It culminated with the misplayed fly ball to left field. I felt like I was watching a game we played against them from last season.

conquistador#11 likes this.