1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 31, 2015.

1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Bill O'Brien thinks this team needs some juice.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

For some reason, I automatically read your post in Adam Sandler's Operaman voice.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

On the one hand, the Astros could be in some serious trouble for their playoff hopes because they are just not playing their best baseball right now and the Rangers are. Hell, even LA is creeping back in the race.

On the other hand, since most of the games left are in our own division and you got the Angels playing the Rangers a lot as well as the Astros playing both teams several games more...those are the games that are going to decide who makes the playoffs.

If the Astros continue their cold streak playing the Rangers and get beat up in LA (who probably want payback after we swept them here), then the Astros will not be going to the playoffs. It's not something they don't already know. They just have to win games. The problem is they are playing .500 ball and that is not going to get it done.

I'm definitely concerned but it's also just a game so whatever happens...happens. If they are not good enough to close out what they started, then fine. If they are, then fine. They are a young team and anything can happen. I would hope they finish what they started. Every game is so critical right now and the Seattle series was a total letdown. We got outplayed (barely won the one game) and Seattle looked like the ones on the way to the playoffs. It's just one series. Shrug it off and take care of business versus the Twins.

I still think Kazmir is cursed, though. Those games he starts are not winnable until that curse is broken.

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I think we are 12-8, last 20 games

That's a 97 win pace, didn't realize we were so cold

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Astros had a terrible road trip to start August, losing 8 of 9. They're 11-8 since - 11-6 prior to these last two games with Seattle, which were cluster fire losses, sure - but let's not pretend those two games are more viably important than the 17 prior to it. I've never seen more people collectively overreact to 2 baseball games...

These games this weekend are vitally important - the Twins are chasing and the Astros start a gigantic 10-game road trip afterwards so a sweep of Minnesota would be nice and a little more necessary because of the two losses to Seattle.

Then the road trip may very well determine the race - they play Anaheim and Texas 7 times. All this hot/cold crap won't mean a thing if they take 3 of 4 from Texas.

6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Yeah, reading some of the posts on here the last couple of days you would have thought we just lost game 6 and 7 of the world series and our dynasty is coming to an end.

Will I be angry if we do end of blowing it? Yes. However, at the end of the day no one would have thought this season would have happened and this team isn't even close to a finished project. Not to mention, the talent we have up now will also improve with experience. It's a great time to be an Astros fan...

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Please be on your way to Houston, George.

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

GEORGE!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> officially activate OF George Springer from the 15-day DL and recall RHP Michael Feliz from Double A Corpus Christi.</p>&mdash; Houston Astros (@astros) <a href="https://twitter.com/astros/status/639845500137676800">September 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yes! Can't wait to see him in the lineup.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

THE AUTUMN OF GEORGE!!!! (i hope)

11. conquistador#11

exciting times! can't wait. our bullpen better get it together though.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I heard his first request, upon return: wool unis....

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Welcome back, Springer Dinger. We missed ya.