1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Luis Scola & Carl Landry for co-ROY thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mzymmm, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Okay, this thread is dedicated to the co-ROY nominee Carluis Scolandry!

Luis Scola 9.2 PPG 5.6 RPG 1.3 APG 53%FG
    Carl Landry 8.5PPG 5.0 RPG 0.5 APG 63.3%FG

combined to be this monsteruous Carluis Scolandry!
    17.7PPG 10.6RPG 1.8APG 58%FG
    while helping a team without their best player to achieve hisotrical win streak.

2. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

remember when yao lost ROY to amare "i only know how to dunk.com" cuz the suns hit the playoffs in 8 and we had a winning record and got 9

part of it was phoenix sent in this tahtsouramari dvd to the nba saying he deserved the ROY

so using that logic, we have some of the best rookies who literally are playing in place of yao a perenial all star

the only diff u can say is, yao in his rookie year was quite lost alot of the time where amare came in and just dunked on ppl left/right WHICH OF COURSE IS WHAT HTE NBA WANTS CUZ THAT SELLS TICKETS AMIRITE???

post up moves and fadeways, nah dunks ya.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Just a guess, but I don't think the prefix "[OFFICIAL]" makes the notion any less ridiculous.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That's awesome. Their averages is what Yao is averaging so pretty much without Yao we aren't missing a beat because of this Two Head Hydra.

5. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

1. Horford (9.6pts 10rebs and almost 50 FG%)
    2. Thornton (11.7pts 4rebs; scores more pts per minute than Landry)
    3. Scola (starter on top team, insurcion lead the turnaround)
    4. Landry (with more minutes came wins; highest PER amoung rookies)
    5. Durant (no matter how you slice it nearly 20pts is impressive; key'd on by d's only rookie who can say that)

6. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

I would love to see Carl Landry get more time on the court like around 30min, if than happen I can see him avg like a or cost to a double & double every game.

7. jboslett

jboslett Member

I never would have come in here if you hadn't made this an [OFFICIAL] thread.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scolandry has been great this year. But one thing needs mention. You technically can't just add up their per game stats, because there have been many games where Scola has played but Landry has not.

I went through their game logs and just looked at games in which they both got minutes. Then, I also adjusted for the minutes in which they shared the court, dividing their stats in those instances by half (effectively splitting the production between the PF and C position). If you don't do that, you're double counting. Here's the effective stats for Carluis through March 4th (not including the last 2 games):

Code:
    [B]
     player      mpg    pts   FG%     reb    ast   stl   blk    tov[/B]
     Scola       22.8   9.5   54.3%   5.7    1.4   0.7   0.2    1.2 
     Landry      13.5   6.7   63.0%   4.3    0.4   0.4   0.2    0.4
    "Scolandry"  36.3   16.2  57.6%  10.0    1.9   1.2   0.3    1.6

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Maybe other teams have some similar averages but, 16 and 10 with 57% FG in 36 mins I'll sure take.

10. durvasa

If you look at those numbers, they are actually very reminiscent of the production Otis Thorpe gave us. Check out OT's per-36 minute productivity here. That's very solid. Only teams with legitimate all-star caliber talent at PF are getting better statistical production from that position.

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

I disagree
    in our streak we are yet to run into an All Star Calibre Power Forward from the West. At least not one that I remember. K-Mart is on the off from surgury.I think we'll get a more accurate look at how we fare when we run into more David West, Tim Duncan, Carlos Boozer, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk. I mean win was a win last night, but i was looking forward to see how Scolandry went against Dirk

12. durvasa

Because Dirk, West, Boozer, and Stoudamire are forces on the defensive end? I don't see why their numbers would drop against those guys. San Antonio could be tough, though Scola and Landry have played well against them this season.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

David West wont play for the Hornets tomorrow, why? Cuz he's fearing another whooping that Scolandry's gonna hand him, like the last time they played.

Very good. Doesn't get much more "power forward" than Otis Thorpe. (lol OT went 3-7 on 3's one year).

Its all about Scolandry now but that makes you appreciate again the kind of consistent productivity Thorpe gave the Rockets.