1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I watched most of it tonight. She needs a lot of work.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Commodore

vast majority of handguns are semi-auto, good luck getting elected on a platform of taking them away

6. NewRoxFan

The actual policy position can be made much more precise than a 10 second answer made during a town hall speaking event. And yes, I think a former prosecutor supporting tougher gun laws is a good position to take.

7. dobro1229

Yeah I watched it too. Its early so I give her props for testing herself early but your right, she needs some work. Mostly to have real answers quick on the front end of an answer to a question, then go into the why. She was going into the why before answering the actual question.

I think there is good potential for her over the next year though. Just needs some work to prepare a bit more and define her responses better.

8. dobro1229

Most people that aren’t gun nuts heard what she said and thought assault weapons. I’m sure that’s what she meant, but we will see if she clarifies over the year. She’s a former prosecutor so I’m sure she knows and I’m sure she knows how unlikely it is that you could run on confiscating hand guns which I’m sure she’s not.

Only person I’ve seen suggest taking weapons without due process is Trump.

krnxsnoopy and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Commodore

be wary of any prosecutor, they are at best a necessary evil

Harris exemplifies the mindset, always talking about what she wants to do to private citizens.

10. NewRoxFan

Do you think this of all law enforcement... or, just those that are Democrats or anyone prosecuting crime-breaking presidents?

11. NewRoxFan

12. adoo

adoo Member

i'll take them over turncoats / Putin's useful idiots like Trump every time

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Particularly if they are without hat.

#133 KingCheetah, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    larsv8 likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What color hat do you think she wears?

NewRoxFan likes this.
  15. Rashmon

What happened, did she start yelling "lock him up" or make fun of disabled people?

CometsWin likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well, if I'm grading on the Trump curve she is the GREATEST candidate for President of ALL-TIME!

Rashmon likes this.
  17. Rashmon

LOL...that's more like it. Article from Mother Jones. It's from last year but more relevant today...

The Secret to Understanding Kamala Harris
    And why it’s making her a flash point in the Democratic Party.
    JAMILAH KINGJANUARY/FEBRUARY 2018 ISSUE

Down road 22 in Chowchilla, behind a wall of trees, impossibly green despite the brutal summer heat of California’s Central Valley, is the country’s largest prison for women, home to about 3,000 inmates. For at least a decade, no member of Congress had visited the facility—until this sweltering Wednesday afternoon in July.

Dressed in a cream-colored blazer and black pants, a double string of pearls circling her neck, her softly highlighted, dark hair coiffed just so, Kamala Harris is on a fact-finding mission. “This is about my training as a prosecutor,” California’s junior senator tells me later. “I like to go to the scene, and I do that with almost [any] project. I need to see it and I need to hear it—I need to feel it, almost, so that I can have some intuitive sense, as well as some theoretical or intellectual or academic sense, of what’s going on.”

Harris and a small group of aides walk through hallways lined with inmate artwork, mostly watercolors, into a small classroom where four women, chosen by the warden to describe the facility’s mental health services, are ushered in. We sit in a semicircle as Harris introduces herself, leaning forward with her hands clasped: What’s your name? What’s your offense? Your sentence? Which county were you sentenced in? How often do your groups meet? How many people attend? Are those meetings happening weekly? Monthly? What are your plans for when you’re released? The questions come near rapid-fire; the atmosphere is intensely focused.

This is the Kamala Harris that millions of Americans saw during this past summer’s Senate Intelligence Committee hearings, when her persistent questioning—despite interruptions by male colleagues—made Attorney General Jeff Sessions admittedly “nervous.”

more at the link - it's a long article

CometsWin likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Bloomberg says Harris's Medicare for all plan will "bankrupt us for a very long time."

"A day after Senator Kamala Harris of California endorsed ending private health insurance in favor of a 'Medicare for all' government plan, Michael R. Bloomberg, a possible rival of hers for the Democratic presidential nomination, said the proposal would 'bankrupt us for a very long time.'

"Mr. Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor who is considering a 2020 bid on a centrist Democratic platform, rejected the idea of 'Medicare for all,' which has been gaining traction among Democrats.

“'I think you could never afford that. You’re talking about trillions of dollars,' Mr. Bloomberg said during a political swing in New Hampshire, which holds the nation’s first primary in 2020.

“'I think you can have 'Medicare for all’ for people that are uncovered,' he added, 'but to replace the entire private system where companies provide health care for their employees would bankrupt us for a very long time.'”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/us/politics/medicare-for-all-harris-bloomberg.html

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You go girl!

MiddleMan likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

And as usual, posts like these also show that james wood and cohete will distort and lie just to try to win a political point. And in the end, their own dishonesty is what they are known for.

Harris calls on Northam to resign
 over KKK, blackface yearbook photo
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/428154-harris-calls-on-northam-to-resign