1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Official: Kamala Harris for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 21, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Politics aside, she has great taste in food...

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Kamala is the leading corporate candidate, the anointed one. Wall Street and Silicon Valley and the relatively few Democratic billionaires can trust her. AIPAC can trust her totally.
    She can brag about being cool and smoking mar1juana and claim to be a tough prosecutor while trying to hide she locked up lots of people for mar1juana. She has a history of going easy on billionaire white collar criminals.
    Like Obama she had a non-American Black father and grew up in a non-Black Household.
    She is a woman.
    With much fanfare she can talks left e.g make a big big announcement she is co-sponsor of Sander's Medicare for All bill while quickly getting vague and backing off in interview questions on it.

All the boxes for corporate Democrat checked. Only Joe Biden can rival her on this but he is white and old and male.

BTW did I mention? she is better than Donald Trump.

3. conquistador#11

Yeah but was she listening to Drake back in her highschool days?

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Actually Kamala's idea for healthcare - eliminating the insurance industry from it - is the only thing I agree with her about. I've been saying this same thing since ACA (Obamacare) was enacted.

On everything else - I gotta run for cover ….

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Truth. Kind of reminds me of a conversation me and a few others were having reg Hillary with our friends dad who is a Trumper. The older Trumper said reg Hillary vs Trump “uhh would you rather have status quo”.... to which our response was a resounding “YES” all at once.

The status quo Democrat isn’t perfect but thinking that the better option is Donald Freaking Trump, you are nuts.

But the reality is of course Kamala and Obama before her are not pure saviors by any stretch, and its going to be really hard to compete enough financially in a presidential bid without the Clinton financial backers which I believe it’s been reported have pledged to Kamala awhile back.

And we can blame Kamala and Obama and The Clinton’s before but the real culprit here is actually the Supreme Court which decided in the Reagan Era that Corporations are people and can donate limitlessly to political campaigns.

So now the American people really have two choices... fossil fuel right wing billionaires or Wall Street socially liberal billionaires. The people who saw Donald Trump as the one who wouid break the wheel for the good of the country were complete fools, and most still are.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It was no naïve mistake by the conservatives on the S.Ct. to out of thin air decide money was speech. It has had predictable and desired results, though admittedly the sheer lunacy of Trump makes them wish for a Romney type who has identical concern for the billionaire class.

Bernie Sanders is the real deal ( and not just sort of talking like one to win the election)who will try to break out of the choice between socially liberal or illiberal billionaires. Sanders has a chance and at worst he will continue the political education of Americans that the millionaires on our monopolistic media suppress. Polls show Sanders' positions on Medicare for All, $15/h minimum wage, Free state college/apprenticeship, increased taxes on the rich etc as majority positions. Unfortunately academic studies show little correlation between the desires of the majority and policy positions in the Citizen's United Washington.

7. NewRoxFan

8. NewRoxFan

fox news britt hume had a problem with Harris and this...

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To stamp the serial number on the bullet itself … physics man …. you can stamp the cartridge but not the projectile itself , its just not possible. its going to cause a misfire and potential harm to the user.

The hammer strikes the cartridge from behind - that one's easy , the projectile itself …. impossibility.

AOC ?

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

99 out of the leading 100 climate scientists?
    97 out of the leading 100 climate scientists?

I glad we have gotten this straightened out early in the argument or else we would waste a whole bunch of time needlessly.

#190 No Worries, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is there a list of these guys somewhere on the internet? I googled it but didn't come up with anything. I did find a Top Fifteen list but Hansen is Number Two and Michael Mann is Number Five, so I stopped reading at that point. ;)

12. No Worries

I am glad we have gotten this straightened out.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yeah pretty sure anything with John Oliver and Bill Nye on it isn't gonna be much help

14. No Worries

I like how you strongly embrace your ignorance.

You be you.

biff17 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm glad you are able to assess my ignorance at a distance. otherwise I would never know!! so thanks dude.

16. amaru

amaru Member

She seems to be trying so hard to show her “blackness”. Poor thing lol

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. No Worries

I am glad we have gotten this straightened out.

Seriously, if you watch the video, it is obviously satire, but it is based on real facts. 97% of climate science reports say humans are causing climate change. The ball is in the other court where climate "deniers" need to show scientifically they are correct. If they do, the scientific community will change their consensus.

Harrisment likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

I after with all three.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But which scientists put their endorsement on this statement about gun violence?!?!

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Kamala says "the facts are still unfolding." Kinda wish she had said that the first time around before jumping to conclusions.

mick fry likes this.