1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Kamala Harris for President 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sajan, Jul 21, 2024.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Harris is doing much better in the polls than Biden was, is raking in funds and is piling up endorsements from Republicans.

This doesn’t guarantee victory but she is in good position to win. To use again the baseball analogy her team is going into the late innings with a one run lead with a good bullpen. On the other side they got a pitcher who can throw 104 MPH fastball but also can throw wild and balk in runs.

FranchiseBlade, Rileydog and ROCKSS like this.
  2. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

R9>Pele

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know what she said here, and I don’t think she does either

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The bipartisan bill is far from perfect, but it is a big step forward with realistic policies. You know who doesn't like having realistic immigration policies and killed it? Hint: it's the guy who loves building a wall and promised Mexico would pay for it.

ROCKSS and Rocketeer like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Ok.

6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

In today's political climate her stances are not as important as a person who would be running for office against a person not so reviled as Trump.

She just has to be scandal free.

As a former Chef, it was always told to me less is more on a plate. And I believe that is her plan.

Sorry for posting so much this morning, I have a three-day weekend, and I'm bored until I go apple picking later in the morning.

Nook, ROCKSS, bustamove and 1 other person like this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What kind of apples?

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Honeycrisp only the best!

AkeemTheDreem86, ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  9. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Macintosh, Jonagold's, Cortland's, honey crisps, and Empire are big here. I bake with Granny smiths but that is not a favorite of the growers here locally.
    All the others are readily available.
    I feel apple picking is the biggest scam in the world.
    Have people pay to harvest your crop.
    3D-Chess.

ROCKSS, Xopher and B-Bob like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Member

Kamala is on pace to have run the shortest POTUS campaign in the last 60 years.

11. No Worries

No Worries Member

Polls are still in the margin of error.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Commodore

Commodore Member

Kamala did something similar where she laughed about doing mar1juana despite prosecuting others who did the same.

tinman likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Let me know if you have evidence of anything. Otherwise, you're just spewing meaningless nonsense.

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

You lose credibility when you say Biden makes more sense than Harris.

But to your question, of course she has many phrases and answers that are both canned and pandering. That is typical politician behavior and has existed for decades. She doesn’t do it with the polish or charisma of Obama or Clinton, but they were elite in charisma and polish.

As Nook said, she is trying to win independents and republicans who are tired of trump. This is exactly what one would expect. At the same time, it is pandering and not authentic.

I suppose that is one of the reasons Trumpers love him. He seems more authentic or off the cuff because he says things that seem genuine and sincere because his statements piss people off, therefore Trumpers think he is authentic.

However, Trumpers are too stupid to realize that Trump is playing them like a fiddle and what appears to be “anti establishment” authenticity is a calculated message - just as calculated as Harris - to appeal to his base, command and control them.

Unlike idiotic Trumpers, I can see that Harris’ statements are calculated to appeal to independents and moderate republicans.

Idiotic Trumpers are too stupid to see that trumps “authenticity” is calculated, and they are far too stupid to distinguish fact from fiction, and they quit trying a long long time ago.

Agent94 and ROCKSS like this.
  16. jchu14

jchu14 Member

There is no duty to retreat in California. In addition, there is a legal presumption that the resident has reasonable fear if another person has unlawfully or forcibly enters or entered the residence. So in order for the castle doctrine to not apply, the prosecutor have to have prove that the home owner knows that the person did not forcibly enter or unlawfully the home and that the home owner was not acting in self defense.

https://www.keglawyers.com/castle-d... Doctrine is the,the intruder in self-defense.

That's a pretty strong castle doctrine protection. The tweet is false in all three assertions. The resident can shoot someone that's entering the house, has no duty to retreat, and has legal presumption that the intruder poses imminent peril of death or great bodily injury as soon as the intruder enters or entered the castle.

So the house owner cannot shoot someone that's just walking across their yard or driving up the driveway, which I think is a reasonable limitation.

17. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Oakland, California is great!

for THUGs!
    @Salvy

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

19. No Worries

No Worries Member

I for one am surprised that the ex CA AG understands the law ... why can't she just wing it like Trump?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Member

You can't chase after them with your gun, then shoot them and claim self defense? Damn liberals and their government oppression.

#7520 juicystream, Sep 20, 2024 at 6:59 PM
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 8:42 PM
    jchu14 and FranchiseBlade like this.