1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this as this really helps in explaining some of the issues that have come up regarding race and the US history.

Adding to this piece for a much of US history Indians (referring to actual Indians and not Native Americans) were denied US citizenship. A few of them sued for US Citizenship under the basis that the were Aryan and as such qualified as white and eligible for citizenship. In 1923 in US v Bhagat Singh Thind ruled that while he was Aryan he couldn't be considered "white" as "the average man knows the difference between Indians and White Americans." It wasn't until 1946 that Congress passed a law allowing Indians to become US citizens.

Regarding US racial purity laws also addresses a frequently brought up point that people of all races were slaves at one point or another and that slavery had been practiced for millenia in Europe. This is true but European slavery of other Europeans never was based upon race and while difficult slaves could gain freedom and there were prominent people in ancient Greece and Rome that had been former slaves. The converse was also true that free people could become slaves and in the often cited example of Irish many were put into essentially a state of slavery by Oliver Cromwell and sent sugar and tobacco plantations in the New World. While there was a strong ethnic and religious bias towards Irish Catholics by the British there still wasn't a racial dimension and Irish in the US even though they might've come here under poverty and indentured servitude were still considered White and granted citizenship. Under Jim Crow Irish and other European immigrants weren't subject to legal segregation and a European immigrant arriving to the US in the 19th or early 20th Century had more rights than an Asian immigrant and more rights than a black or native American who's ancestors had been in the country for generations.

Nook, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Them Yeeks!

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL their love for Trump is sad and pathetic really. It's cult like. You know, like the psycho who brainwashes his followers into believing he is the chosen one and gets all the women to bear his children.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't even know if people like him love Trump. They just love eliciting reactions. Something about it making them feel as if they are intelligent. It's a way they feel they can weild some power.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The irony about this topic is that I relate to Kamala more as child of immigrants (or even half Asian) than I do as her being a bi-racial black American.

I'm tired of focusing on race as much as the next person, but that doesn't mean I'm blinded by willful ignorance of what living people went through because the system didn't think they were worthy enough due to where they were born and how they look.

Her upbringing of growing up in bi-racial family during an age of civil strife (Oakland of all places) should be aspirational for any "color blind" individual who wants Blacks to "let go of their past".

Nook, fchowd0311, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  6. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You had me first at Divine....

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

To the Asian level?

Can you elaborate on that?

I have no idea what this means, is it the same what Cruz said during the RNC and what he has been saying since then?

It's amazing you equate Sean King to the names I mentioned.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....Birthers are at it again. So, because Kamala Harris' parents were not citizens when she was born in OAKLAND, the birthers are saying she is not a Natural Born Citizen....LOL.

Read the ****ing Constitution.

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Have you actually seen a pic of her mother?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  10. AB

AB Contributing Member

Some reporter asked about an oped on Kamala is not eligible to run for VP as she is anchor baby??

WTH was that?? Anchor baby??

Trump answered "I dont know ..there may be something there... the lawyer that wrote that piece is a terrific person. I hope democrats checked it out etc etc etc "
    and so it starts. If that resonates we may be seeing a birther like moment there..

So it is not enough that she is born in the country .. This guys is unbelievable. No bottom!!!

11. fchowd0311

There are millions of Americans that are first generation born American citizens like me. He basically threw all of us under the bus.

**** him.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. generalthade_03

Deb, I am of German Navaho descent . They don’t come anymore badass than that combination. If only Stallone were of those stripes, think about how mega awesome Rambo could have been? People of my heritage and upbringing do not get brainwashed.

13. generalthade_03

The degree of difficulty
    Roses are red, violets are blue, there’s always an Asian better than you.

14. generalthade_03

Lol. I go by the birth certificate

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Kamela is an opportunist. She is gonna be black when she needs to be

A prosecuter when she needs to be

A woman when she needs to be.

I personally don't fault her for that but she clearly is an opportunist. Something about her personality makes me not mind it.

16. fchowd0311

Out of all the candidates who isn't one?

Nook, Sweet Lou 4 2 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I get that but she seems to be moreso than the others. That being said i respect her career accomplishments

18. fchowd0311

Than Trump? Really?

2 Corinthians.

Nook, FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wow?

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Believe it or not, there were Germans who were brainwashed. Then again, maybe you would call this fake news.

How the Hitler Youth Turned a Generation of Kids Into Nazis
    https://www.history.com/news/how-the-hitler-youth-turned-a-generation-of-kids-into-nazis

RayRay10 likes this.