1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Honest question. Are you from the south? Have you seen polling that democrats are much more concerned about this than republicans? It’s almost split down the middle on my fb timeline of country/conservative types who think this is either very overblown and have claimed “rednecks are gonna keep living their lives” vs. liberal friends of mine who are re-posting articles written by scientists. Like the things you’re saying have no basis in reality and Trump’s responses to this virus are well-documented. Trump has finally started taking it seriously. That’s awesome! But to say he has handled this as well as he could’ve...I mean, I just don’t see a rational argument supporting that

joshuaao, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

My age? You don’t even know me. Again Trump hasn’t done as good as possible under circumstances. He was ill prepared. He down played the seriousness of the virus. He did not act fast enough.

Deckard likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you provided a link to your previous claim where you said most of those out partying were liberals? I just wanted to see if you could back up the claim you made or if you're still peddling your political snake-oil.

1. In 2018 Trump got rid of the staff and disbanded the office of Pandemic response - Is that a sign of a prepared leader? The office could have ordered tests, come up with guidelines, worked on getting additional respirators, hospital capacity, and supplies.

2. Trump was briefed on the Coronavirus. A real leader who was doing a great job handling it would have...
    A. Immediately ordered purchase and production of additional tests, respirators, masks, sanitizing options
    B. Put out a joint statement with medical professionals urging social distancing, mentioning guidelines on what to buy, and to avoid hoarding.
    C. Notified various agencies throughout the nation to coordinate with local agencies in order to prepare.
    D. All of the Above
    E. Tell people that Covid19 was a hoax being put forward by the opposing political party, then subsequently telling people there were few cases and it was declining all the time, and that people should continue to go out to gatherings and that the virus would go away soon.

Correct Answer: D Trump's Answer: E

For weeks Trump continued doing E. He did that after most Americans already knew that it was a serious issue and wanted to take action.
    Only after the financial markets started crashing did he start acting to help take measures against Covid19.

Being weeks behind on the issue and taking action only after local organizations and governments had already been doing that isn't leadership. It isn't handling a crisis. It's being behind despite having advanced warning.

The state of California has been ahead of this issue on Trump every step of the way including with the latest statewide stay-at-home order. Trump hasn't issued one, and they had issued one for people over 65 before that. Trump is following and isn't leading at all. The people can see that he's woefully unprepared, and incapable of handling a real crisis.

He has made it plain.

Deckard, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Latest general election polling puts Biden up by 6% over Trump overall. Biden is leading Trump in AZ, OH, MI and WI. Trump is leading in FL.

We should take all of this with as much salt as are on McDonald's fries but for what it's worth if Biden wins the states he's leading in now he get's past 270 electoral votes. Also no incumbent President has trailed in national polls in the March of election year since Truman in 1948.

RayRay10, joshuaao, Pringles and 3 others like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wait till economic numbers pour in.

The economy is in for the greatest crash in history, even if COVID19 is magically contained, which isn't happening either.

I almost wish next POTUS Biden would retire at this point. I am sad about this, but Trump is doomed because he is dooming us to months of pain, misery and death. The Democrats could nominate anybody now and easily win, presuming we have an election. I wish I wasn't writing that for the reasons I'm writing it

joshuaao and Pringles like this.
  6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Where is Biden during this Corona virus mess? He's nowhere to be found! Can you imagine him trying to keep up with Trump's pace of the daily press conferences? No way he has the required stamina or cognitive ability.

Biden is a very high risk candidate. He's definitely who the democrats "settled" for.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What is Biden? Is he the president? a Cabinet member or a senator? He is just giving Trump more ropes.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, if you were any more full of it, you would explode. To say that “he’s done as good a job as possible” is simply putting your ignorance on display. You are a joke. The post I quoted is you being a condescending ignoramus. Why I don’t have you on ignore is a mystery to me. I guess it’s because in such trying times I need a chuckle from time to time.

Oh, and what Major posted. Read it.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks to me like God decided to send in his ballot for 2020 early from his vacation spot in Wuhan.

If a Democrat were in office right now, Pat Robertson and friends would be bleating endlessly at this point like an angry goat about God's divine retribution, and punishment for electing a Godless leader.

#1589 Ottomaton, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You forgot this one

Nook, joshuaao and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

No, it's probably because you prefer boiled dog to raw oyster. You're a replicant and you're afraid of humans like me.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m not a fan of either one. I like one over easy, and the other fried. Fearful of you? You are a joke, wrapping yourself in a title for a moniker that you could never obtain, in a futile effort to combat up your feelings of inferiority. You wouldn’t recognize humanity if it surrounded you, and it does. That is the source of your self-loathing. I wish you luck, however. Perhaps you will get a grasp on your own humanity some day. You need to.

13. Senator

Senator Member

You're a niave 20s ish. The cards have been revealed. It's always easy to criticize in hindsight when leaders also say things to ease the economy from crashing too hard too fast, where things could have been in a more desperate situation than now. You would not see Hilary react differently no matter what you tell yourself.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. Senator

Senator Member

It's almost as delusional as saying your democrat overlord would have handled it perfectly.

We can do the same with the Obama administration, but that doesn't take a country forward because we know that Americans aren't the most politically educated folk nor do they prioritize it.

Hindsight is 20/20, it's pointless to take out your frustrations in that regard.

15. Senator

Senator Member

Don't waste time picking fights online with people who want nothing to do with you, unless that's the story of your life.
    Stay inside, find out how to help your senior neighbors get groceries/supplies or sacrifice your body to help at hospitals. Join FedEx. You will find a lot more joy from being a useful citizen then a clueless angry one.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Try again.

17. Senator

Senator Member

We know Trump is going to do whatever to hurt the economy the least, his re-election counts on that. But that is something we've seen with all sitting President's.. they are slaves to whatever voting demographic they pander to.

Which is why targeting him in this case is just another part of your narrative - it is the nature of modern day, short term politics that forces every leader to make decisions that come back to haunt them. Did Obama do all the right things despite being highly PC in his speech? Were racial and economic tensions not at their highest in 2016 before Trump's election, part of what led to his election?

When he had to act, he has, and made it very clear young people should not be congregating on spring break nor should their be huge crowds of people ignoring the virus. He;s shut down trade where necessary. He's not going to go down as visionary or someone ahead of his time, but very few President's do. They simply act when they need to because they wouldn't be in office if they were ahead of the curve. Who's fault is that? The electorate.

My only hope is you get of your idealist bubble of "I attended classes in college" or "I read newsweek" and not be afraid to deal with reality. That is the way back for democrats - I say this as someone who did not vote for Trump. Divert your resources to finding ways to make ventilators faster, get more beds to critical areas, and helping those in need.

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The Democrats may take this opportunity to pull a switcheroo and get Biden the hell out of the picture. He's too old and feeble of mind to lead the country, period, full stop. It wouldn't surprise me if he bowed out on medical grounds, heck maybe they'll fake a COVID-19 case, and then try to slot in a more electable candidate. If COVID last long enough, maybe they try Andrew Cuomo. But to run Dentures McShaky during a time of national crisis just doesn't work. He can't meet the moment with his declining mental faculties. Probably why they are hiding Biden now.

GOOD DAY

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

More likely a teen.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You will forever be a punching bag for these people because you think for yourself and don't follow propaganda blindly.