1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If only Biden could handle disagreements as presidentially as you :p

Amiga likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly I didn’t and still haven’t heard where he said he would take the guy outside.

I see Yang has endorsed Biden and Sanders is losing Michigan badly. Short of Biden ripping someone’s head off it looks like tonight Biden buried Sanders and wrapped up the nomination.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. justtxyank

His ability to turn out the black vote and solidify support the of suburban women AND the white non-college vote is pretty important.

He seems very likely to rebuild the best amalgam of the Obama coalition and the 2018 mid term coalition.

I think history will tell us that Trump's election was mostly about a total rejection of Hilary Clinton by a lot of voters and that the primaries should have been more of a warning than they were.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/official-joe-2020.298082/page-65#post-12898089

Now that you've heard it, are we Democrats okay with presidential candidates threatening violence to respectful citizens asking political questions at campaign events, or not? I'm not, that's just not acceptable for a presidential candidate in any way to for me.

And totally agree, I've said since super Tuesday that Bernie's campaign was done, and have referred to Biden as the nominee.

Astrodome and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that was not what I hope for. If the campaign season had another four months tacked on there would be a change in the candidate

7. Nook

Nook Member

No. The DNC rigged it so Biden won... also Biden has the support of a half dozen billionaires that have given Biden an unfair advantage... Biden is only winning because the rich elite forced out the other moderate candidates... I guess the problem is that poor people and black people are just ignorant because they listen to local leaders that have sold out to the rich elites.... okay, well I guess it is just that the electorate is stupid and doesn’t know what is best for them....

IT IS NOT FAIR

RayRay10 and justtxyank like this.
  8. justtxyank

The number of conversations I have with people who genuinely believe this baffles me. They really REALLY think it's unfair that Pete and Amy dropped out before Super Tuesday and think this "screwed" Bernie. I can't understand why they think it's unfair that Bernie had to run 1 v 1. That seems like the most fair way to pick between two candidates but whatever.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

To me, it's a disqualifying showing from Joe. I'm gonna have a really hard time supporting someone who's quite literally a jackass and bully.

Biden completely discredits himself as "back to normal Joe" and "we need decency Joe", which is his entire campaign.

He is the nominee and it's unfortunate. Hope Trump loses.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A stupid talking point that I disagree with, but not worthy of getting cursed out and physically threatened.

Such an easy, classic, age-old talking point from right-wingers that's very easy to dismantle... and Joey just implodes

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He probably only has to dismantle it 30 times every time he walks in a crowd.

Joe is extra spicy like a 67 Corvette.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. justtxyank

I agree with Nick. Why couldn't he just blow him off. Don't mind him getting irritated and hyped, but wanting to go have a fight? Lol come on that's ridiculously outrageous.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

I don't believe the guy was remotely being respectful, but that said, I don't think it's "disqualifying". It's human. Many Dem voters have probably have had these same frustrating conversations with Trump voters twisting things Dems said or did. GOP voters have probably had the same. It's infuriating, and he lashed out in the moment.

Is it great? No. Is it different than Trump? Absolutely - he does his stuff in pre-prepared speeches and with intent. Biden got frustrated in a heat of the moment conversation. I suspect if we had cell-phone cameras everywhere in previous campaigns and similar confrontations by voters, you'd see most Presidential candidates and Presidents have similar moments of frustration. I have no doubt Sanders has had similar angry moments, even if expressed a bit differently. If you expect every candidate to never say something stupid, everyone is likely disqualified.

If it's disqualifying for you, that's fair. But at that point, if you've disqualified both candidates (one based on 5 seconds of a 21 month campaign), your voice is thrown away. If you're not voting for either of them, they have no reason to address any of your concerns or issues. That's a disservice to your cause, but it's certainly your right.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I would agree if this were a regular occurrence. It isn't. It is an outlier.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I listened to the link you sent and still cannot hear him tell the guy they will take it outside. I am using my i-phone so maybe the sound quality hurts.

No after listening to it for a third time I don’t think it is disqualifying. Both of them raised their voices and I didn’t really find it threatening. If anything it was more bullying than anything else.

He never asked anyone to beat the guy up.

Every vote makes up their own decision though.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That's the job when you are a presidential candidate campaigning at a factory in a rust belt state. Can't just go around and cussing people out and threatening to kick their asses.

Joe is supposed to be smooth like a 42' Caddy, spicy no bueno. Trump is already the king spice lord.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If the 12% of Bernie supporters, which amounted to several hundred thousand, who voted for trump in 2016, instead of holding their noses and voting for Hillary Clinton, wish to stick with trump, he is welcome to them, in my opinion. When the Democratic Party, with the help of some moderate Republican senators, pushed through the Civil Rights Bill in the mid-‘60’s, it hurt the party in the South and the Democratic Party was better for letting the GOP have the bigots who couldn’t take the idea of Black Americans having equal rights. The reason Black Americans still tend to vote Democratic goes back to those days.

In my opinion, many who voted for trump will have realized their mistake and vote against him in 2020, including those misguided Bernie supporters, who discovered that trump is far, far worse than they expected in 2016. Those, I welcome. The ones who still sing trump’s praises and will, against all reason, follow him until Doomsday? I couldn’t care less about what they do on Election Day. They are hopeless, enraptured by a madman.

#1358 Deckard, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  19. Nook

Nook Member

It didn’t seem to hurt him at the polls in that rust belt state.

Maybe it makes a difference in a week... I don’t know.

Perhaps I am jaded after Trump, I just didn’t think it was a big deal. It was obvious nothing was going to happen and he even explained his position. He was a bully to the extent he tried to shout the guy down. Next time he likely walks away... however having spent a LOT of time in the Midwest and Rustbelt I can tell you the confrontation isn’t going to hurt him with working class blue collar voters in his his region... if anything he was very comfortable and will be viewed as standing up for himself... something prior Democrats have struggled to understand (the culture of that group of voters).

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I agree that there were better choices he could have made. So he made a mistake and wrong choice.

I just don't think you abandon a candidate after this outlier.

All candidates and people make mistakes.
    I'm sure I would feel worse if he was talking to a rational human being instead of a giant *******.

TheFreak and Nook like this.