1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Biden simply does what his handlers tell him to do. His brain is mush.

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Actually no, you do need to be extra ordinary. If you really think the ordinary person is capable of being president, you are wrong. Advisors are there to support, not feed a puppet, which is what youre implying.

Maybe your bar of leadership has significantly dropped over the years. Again, I am in no way implying Trump is better than Biden, but if as a country we believe Biden is the best we have,our country is in serious trouble.

I was a big critic of Obama. I now wonder if he will be the last competent President during my life time who is capable of thinking on his own.

Bottom line, its ok to be critical of the candidate you vote for.

leroy, fchowd0311 and DOMINATOR like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you trying to say the poster has not been critical of Biden?

I don't understand your point Biden has not been given a free pass by anybody.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't wait until Biden takes over. It will be great to have a President tax the hell out of Grifters like Trump. Maybe if we get the corrupt puppets out of the Senate we can finally get people the affordable healthcare Trump promised and never came through with. Maybe we can get all his felon enablers out for good. Maybe then, we can ban the ridiculous gun laws and get back to a more civilized society. It's sad when it's easier to get a gun than a Covid test.

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

IMO, this is the biggest issue today. people should challenge the actions of authority whether they elected them or not. This helps hold those in power accountable. Instead politics have turned into sports teams.

6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

In all seriousness folks, does this look like a man who can handle the rigors of the Presidency?
    It would likely be the death of him.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is huge for a hypothetical mentally competent republican candidate.

Unfortunately for you, we don't live in that world.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trump simply does whatever he feels like doing, and his brain is mush. Which is worse?

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

There is no way, none, that these are the best two candidates we can put forth. To me, hopefully the lesson learned here is that it is absolutely imperative for that to happen in the future.

Nook, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I understand the need for better candidates for president. heck, at the risk of being ageist, we need YOUNGER candidates for president.

That said, those "better/younger" candidates don't exist in the context of this election (though some could say Kamala Harris peripherally qualifies). We are currently faced with a choice between two candidates. And even you acknowledge Biden is the better of the two.

And for many people, trump is so far below the bar that "anybody but trump" seems a reasonable position.

btw, I believe many people that voted for trump last time said "anybody but Hillary" as their justification. Well, here is that "anybody but Hillary" candidate. We'll see if those people that used that excuse really meant it...

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've said I would vote for a toaster over Trump and still stand by it. Competence is very important but the bar to me here is that we have a President profiting off of the office while dividing the country.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing about better candidates is true but it doesn't hold water at the same time. Both parties have almost always needed better candidates.

Once the candidate is selected there is a chance that for a minute people will think the candidate is Okay.

Whoever is behind in the polls will start trashing the other candidate. Special interest groups will do the same. That way people won't be excited to vote for that candidate and the person that seemed like a possible savior or breath of fresh air now seems like just more of the same garbage that has been the problem all along.

This people will complain about how the parties are broken and how both candidates suck.

They usually both do. But it's the exact same pattern for longer than most of us have been alive. It will probably keep being the pattern.

So I get the complaints but it shouldn't be unexpected or an excuse for people not to vote. This process is a little accelerated because Trump's strategy relies more heavily on muddying the water.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

dachuda86 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You do know that there are plenty of Trump nonsense speak transcripts and videos as well, don't you?

the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He only hears the best words.

the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Well, we just dig ourselves a 50 points hole in the 3rd quarter. It’s too much to ask for a win at this time - I mean that’s certainly a possibility but first and foremost let’s get rid of the reason why we are down 50 points and start to climb our way out of it, one play at a time. And carry that lesson toward the next game. That’s the long hard road ahead. Yes, some like to jerk the ship into a very different direction - and I completely get that want given the situations and while it’s not anywhere close to perfect, we do have a history of what works. If getting back to that old style close the gap but still isn’t enough, time to try a more drastic move again - but hopefully if and when that time come, we are smart enough to pick someone that know a bit about the game, not a complete newbie and someone that doesn’t think he or she already knows everything and regularly doesn’t listen to far out methods. Right now, I just want to get rid of the newbie that refuses to learn anything and continue to put us into a bigger hole.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You may need to temper your expectations. It'll be great to have a normal president again, but we're not going to overturn millennia of human history in one election.

You would think, given the extreme attractiveness of this job, these hypothetical 'more competent' people would find ways to work the system to beat out losers like the ones we've supposedly seen in the last few elections. It couldn't be - could it? - that the candidates we have are actually the ones that rose to the top because they are the most competent at navigating the electoral system?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So Kirstie Alley is a Trumper?

Her twitter feed is certainly interesting.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'm guessing we won't be hearing about Biden not taking questions any more...

RayRay10 likes this.