1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 17, 2015.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Uhhh....

What Dre were you watching.

I see the same level of ability there.

Where he excelled was separation in route running.

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i didn't watch the majority of the first half, but how was yates' accuracy?

dude puts the ball in hop's hands perfectly...

was he accurate the whole game?

does he get the nod for starter over hoyer?

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's not getting the nod over Hoyer. Anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional.

He looked decent for being basically three weeks removed from the streets. He looked decent for not having worked with these receivers.

Hoyer is on another level, though. And that doesn't mean Hoyer is great. I mean, Hoyer has proven to be an average NFL quarterback, but Yates is an average NFL backup, at best.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

ok, just curious about his assessment. dude looked good in the second half. granted that was hop making moves, but still was able to hit him.

5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It was beautiful watching Dre knock fools down for extra yards like a running back.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Totally different receivers IMO. Dre was great at just getting open and making plays after catch, would rarely just have it lobbed it up to him like we lob it up to Nuk.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya, like I said before it's eerily the same difference between Andre and Fitzgerald.

8. OpportunityCost

Finally some creativity on offense - Wildcat and Shorts throwing a TD! I get so sick of the the same ole little "car crashes" up the middle with Blue. I mean try tossing it to the left or the right. Something different than right down the middle. Also we need to try and find a way to utilize Hunt's 4.36 speed on kick/punt returns and maybe some screens.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Great win fellow Texans fans. Looks like we're finally rolling in the right direction. The defense chemistry is getting better and better each week. Special teams is playing great. The offense is making big plays. And even though the play calling can be very suspect, Godsey showed some creativity with his playing calling today.

The only thing I didn't like, was the conservative playing calling after we went up 14. Don't hold back, beat the bleep out of them.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great game. This defense is really starting to gel.

And the pay calling on offense today was remarkable, jets had no answer for the wild cat and trick plays.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah but can you count on this offense scoring that much? Even against the Saints defense?

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yes, yes i can. The Saints D is that bad...although firing Ryan may have given them a chance to fix some things during the bye.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The last month has been great!

We've gotten lucky with a few dropped passes, but the defense has been great. We're tackling well, Cushing looks his best since 2013, secondary holding it down, and Watt is Watt. Greg Koch from 790, who played 5 years under Crennel, said RAC's system takes 1 1/2 years to learn, and here we are 1 1/2 years into BOB tenure. League's best 3rd down conversion rate. Hadn't allowed a TD in 11 quarters.

Muhamed still hasn't played a snap, has he?
    Did the defense get better without Kareem?
    How did Jadeveon play yesterday? I barely noticed him
    How was Filo? Broadcast said he did well.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's not even on the team anymore....

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Had a sack, multiple hurries and D'd up the run well.

Probably his best game as a Texan.

Still his rookie year.

Going to be a good one.

I was wrong about him, Rahim Moore was the scrub and Charles James had improved this team.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Mike Mohamed was released at the beginning of the season and is now with the Saints.

The defensive backfield did a great job yesterday, containing Marshall and Decker. They could've had more than the 2 picks as some were dropped.

Clowney was ok when he was in. Made a couple of tackles. Looked to be moving relatively well. He was lined up on the same side as JJ on Watt's 2 sacks which forced the Jets to single cover both.

The O-line as a whole did a good job. Kept Yates mostly clean and did an ok job at run blocking. They seemed to be worn down in the last few drives because they had a lot of the TOP and couldn't get any push.

That was a fun game to go to. The crowd was into it and the team played very well. My brother and I were completely shocked by the play calling. Not sure where that creativity has been but it was great to see it again. I hope we see it the rest of the way. Not necessarily the wildcat or WR passes...but things to keep the defense off kilter.

Nuke is the best in the league right now. It just looks so freakin easy for him. Poor Revis didn't know what hit him.

Lastly, Grimes should start this week. The holes were there but Blue just can't find them.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the info.

Wasn't Muhamed our best LB in coverage?

James looks good. He made a few plays and never got burned. Very happy for him and he's helping the team. Marshall was a handful for Johnson, but he did fairly well for a rookie. Very good pick. Would be great to see Clowney stay healthy. Watt one-on-one equals stats. Does Mercilus command the same respect as Jadeveon when he lines up with JJ? Hopkins is beast. Awesome one-handed catches and he served Island yesterday. He tied the franchise record for TD receptions in a season (not that that's saying much) and he might end up leading the league.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

would have been easy to quit earlier in the year. credit to the players and coaches that didn't happen.