1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Jeremy Lin the Human Rockets Player General Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Mar 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Didn't Lin show toughness by playing through an injury for a 5-6 game stretch? If you go back through that post-all star break stretch (Laker game - Orlando), his +/- was actually pretty good, so he gave the team what he could while his back was sore. I think that's about all one can ask of a player.

2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I watched a lot of Howard's games last year. He was not effective He just got a lot of touches and minutes but wasn't able to impact the game. Those stats are a bit misleading. Lin's numbers were down in that stretch in part because his minutes were down.

3. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

He has already paid dividends this year. The Rockets would easily by about 7-8 games worse in the loss column but for Jeremy Lin's performances in key games. That's the difference between a top 4 seed and a bottom 3 seed. I would love it if the Rockets encouraged Lin to take 10 or more shots per game. Their record is excellent when he shoots that much. His shooting % is also at its best when he shoots 10 or more times per game. McHale doesn't always encourage it (and often discourages it).

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL

He wasn't effective except for the 17 points, 12 rebounds on 57% shooting. Lin's numbers were down not because he sucked but rather because his minutes were cut. Good call.

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Dwight's a big guy in a small man's league so even a hobbled Dwight will have decent stats just due to lack of competition. But many experts and fans were ready to write off Dwight as being on the decline after last year.

And there were games when Parsons couldn't even dunk the ball.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOFs in full revisionist history mode. Not unexpected.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

If this is true, I think the Rockets should've just let Lin rested. I mean, he was playing at a level where I honestly thought Canaan should've came in to get a look. When Parsons had his back spasms and Harden had his ankle issues, you can tell they weren't 100%, but at least they were 80% and still very productive.

If Lin can play like this consistently, and that the only thing between him and production is health, then he needs to be healthy in the playoffs.

8. Dementium

Dementium Member

You should choose other days to **** on Jeremy man. And theres always the joke thread for you. Lets keep this thread positive.

9. Dementium

Dementium Member

I am sure McHale was apprised of how bad the injury was. The fact he still played simply indicates the team still needed him, if only to spot Harden and Bev a bit of a breather.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin just can't play through injury imo. From memory the dude struggled a lot last year in b2bs, perhaps due to fatigue/nba grind or whatever, but when he's healthy and attacking he's a very effective player and only adds to how dangerous we are.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Still checking out CP. :p

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Dwight's numbers last year and this year, other than FT%, is remarkably similar. You can check it. Of course he declined last year following injury. But now that he's mostly back, he's still only posting slightly better numbers. And it's not as if the Rockets don't feed him the ball either. He gets force fed in the post quite a bit.

I didn't watch the Lakers last year, but JVG even mentioned how Dwight was still the best center last year despite his injury. And remember how Kobe and Nash basically dismissed Dwight when he brought up his injuries? Playing injured is just part of basketball. Probably why Lin's injury isn't even reported.

So right now I have to believe that Lin has trouble playing through injuries. I don't blame him or anything. He is who he is. I just hope the Rockets play him in a way that would maximize his production come playoff time.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This guy.. lol

Don't take him seriously, there's no reasoning with this bigot. He's just an angry, angry person at the world lol.

14. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Sarcastic or troll? Only 4 players in the NBA average over 26 per game and they all shoot 17+ per game.

15. delalex

delalex Member

Dwight plays unselfishly just like Lin & Omer Asik & James in the leader mood... He could easily average 25+14 if he want to,but he choose to put more effort on D.
    Dwight is the spine of this team.
    I don't see any LOF here,just troll,or something worse than troll.

16. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I believe

17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

CometsWin is just a little kid who thinks he knows everything....sort of like the little kids here in this forum.

18. Dei

Dei Member

Depends on the nature of the injury which we don't really know. If it was really a big injury and he soldiered through it, then kudos to him. But if it was a minor injury which players normally play through, then he's mentally fragile.

LOFs are obviously biased so they're really milking the injury excuse. All I'm saying is that we don't know the nature of the injury so it's fair to question Lin's mental toughness. It's known, even admitted by LOFs, that Lin has confidence issues.

Like CometsWin said, sounds like the LOFs are trying to write a favorable history.

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I really don't know who cares about LOF/LOH. Being player only fan doesn't conflict with being team only fan.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

Are you serious? Those are max-salary numbers.