1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Jeremy Lin the Human Rockets Player General Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Mar 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. pakattak

pakattak Member

Ahaha, I like the title.

Lin was in fine form, tonight. When he got his ish blocked on that fast break, I wasn't even mad. At least he was pushing and attacking instead of stopping mid drive.

He's had slumps before, but what was infuriating about this recent one was that all the things he built his entire CAREER on, attacking the rim, seemed like a weakness instead of a strength. I could understand his jumper being cold, but his inability to penetrate was just mind boggling.

After tonight and the Pacers game, I really think that back injury was a bigger problem than we thought.

2. verysimplejason

It's all about giving breaks to a player just like everybody's giving it to all Rockets players. Nobody's perfect. Just be glad that everybody's giving their 100% effort. Give him the benefit of doubt that he's injured. Everybody's bound to have a game like that. Even Bev and Harden or Howard for that matter or even Parsons got games where they just literally suck.

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Clutch defense tonight, too. :cool:

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

You mean Howard who led the league in rebounding, 3rd-team All-NBA, and still got 5 teams dying to give him max money?

Or Parsons who was 17/5/4/54% shooting in November when his back issues were at its worst?

5. NullNexus

NullNexus Member

Back problems or not Jeremy sucked for the past couple of months, but the toxic thread needs to die. Bump for this thread.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Free throw attempts is the most important number to watch for Jeremy Lin. When he gets to the line a lot, that means he's being aggressive and that means he is playing well.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

So you're saying there's nothing wrong with Lin. But that I'm expecting too much from him?

I guess. If you're saying that Lin should be inconsistent, going from good games to horrible games, then I guess I have no problem with that idea. If this is who he is, then I certainly accept it.

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Ive been saying this for ages now, hes much better when he isnt picking up his dribble.

0 TOs from Lin and Bev in 34-36 min effort from each.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons on Jeremy Lin who had 26 points in win over Portland:&quot;He was unbelievable.We don't win the game tonight without Jeremy Lin&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/statuses/442857634098470913">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Chamillionaire

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G7GT6lWdQOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Little General

Made this little gif
    [​IMG]

12. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

And highlights:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G7GT6lWdQOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Welcome back JLin! The team has sorely missed you!

14. coffeelover665

15. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

That right there is so huge. No TOs from our PGs. Seriously a beautiful stat to see after such a crazy game.

16. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

haha nice to see a positive Lin thread for once. He's been really struggling, glad to see him gaining some momentum. If we want to go deep in the playoffs we really need him (and others of course) at their best form

17. Little General

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Psalm 36:5 -- Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/442871953137754112">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. bonny1

bonny1 Member

The joke thread is too disrespectful for any player on the team.

19. yummyhawtsauce

Nice thread. and the group hug pic at the end shows the closeness of teh team. i originalyl thought that this team wont make it past 2nd round - but these past 4 games have proved me wrong. the willingness to play through tough scoring stretches, and playing intense defense and making big plays when it counts. also lin able to contribute even when it's against playoff intensity defense.

looking forward to a very intense and exciting playoff. off topic - who do you guys prefer the rockets to face in round one? or predictions that may happen?

20. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

This team isn't going anywhere without Jeremy Lin, as he is the only other player besides #13 who can create for himself (which speaks to the weakness of bench just as much as Lin's ability).

So, Lin needs to take his vitamins and say his prayers (Brother), and get massaged by 8s and above before and after every game to keep him healthy and playing basketball with the power and poetry that he is capable of.