1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Chandler is a good finisher at the rim but he can only do lob passes not bounce passes or low passes. Tyson doesn't have very good hands to be honest. Lin always threw lob passes to tyson. So I think Lin and Asik will also be very successful since Asik like tyson can only dunk the ball. But you are right. Lin and Howard would be insane with one another.

2. carayip

carayip Member

You're right. Tyson like Asik has no shot besides dunk too. I look forward to Lin turning Asik into one of the best FG% in the league. Asik needs to get better at FT by himself though.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Asik just simply doesn't have nearly the FG% of Chandler though.

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Not yet.

5. carayip

carayip Member

If Asik doesn't shoot besides dunk, he will have a good FG%.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

All Tyson does is dunk the ball. He does lob passes all day everyday. That is why he played so well with Kidd and he had success with Lin because of all the lob passes he got.

7. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

That kid must be Asian :p

8. luden

luden Member

FAIL. :rolleyes:

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

You know what I find funny about Lin and the Rockets' fans?

If we never had Lowry or Dragic, Lin would be our best pg since Francis (and even that COULD be debated). Lin is a huge upgrade over years and years of bad point guards. It actually is refreshing to have a young, talented point guard on our squad that will grow with the rest of the team.

Think about it. When it's all said and done, Lin will be a top 3 point guard (for Rockets) in a decade or even longer. I know a lot of people are talking about the money but, Morey would NEVER put himself in a position he can't exit out of so THAT should not be a problem.

10. nono

nono Member

Lin has to really improve his ball handling. Can't have another game like the one where he was embarrassed by Mario Chalmers. The highlights of that Heat game are hard to watch. They made him look like a high school player.

11. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Lin make teams prepared game plan for him and bring every player encountered an A game, I guess not many PG in the league have that influence. Not only Heat players concentrated and bought an A game on him, Lin also in game with Melo and Stat, where he is in a tougher situation to make decisions, whether to attack or distribute.

12. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Touche ;)

13. PeppermintCandy

Maybe early in his career, but now he's one of the better big men at the pick and roll. I think that's why he and Lin did so well together.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Being a better pick and roll doesn't mean Chandler's improved his offensive skills. Like what roxxy is saying more often than not the PNR results in a pass for a dunk attempt, which is why its the bread and butter of the NBA: simple, elegant and effective.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Tyson has no offensive skills. I remember the mavericks series against Miami Tyson was going for alley oops all day every day. Asik sets good picks (which is what Tyson is good at doing as well) so I think him and Lin will connect very well. Asik just needs to be in great shape though because Lin likes to run and he throws some nice outlet passes. He sees the open court very well.

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I wouldn't worry as the Heat were the only ones to do that to him since then... you realize people can learn and improve right? :rolleyes:

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your right he has to play better. If your going to have a bad game at least make sure the other pg has a bad game as well. He will definitely bring it this time. Plus the game is in Houston so calls will be in the home teams favour hopefully.

18. luden

luden Member

Da8mn it's depressing here. "tank. tank. tank."; "NBA hates us"; "we're not gonna win more than 20 games". Has this place always been like this?

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Yet he just about shut out Jose Calderon in that game......... Lin had no offensive game to speak of in that game (shots left short, missed layups), so he focused on shutting down his man at the other end. Outside Mario Chalmers' game against Lin in Miami, it was the best defensive game by a point guard I've seen last season. In spite of the rout loss to the Raptors.

I watched that game...... What stood out to me was Calderon getting so frustrated, he even induced a couple moving screen fouls on his bigs in attempt to shake Lin. Calderon's was 0-10 from the field in that game. (This is why I think those who claim Lin can't play defense don't have a f'n clue.)

I will also never forget a play late in the game, right as the Raptors were about to blow the game open. Lin leaving his man, sprinting across the floor, flying at a Raptors player driving the baseline in desperate attempt to block or alter the impending shot. The Raptors player ducked under Lin's outstretched arm (like someone atop a train ducking an overpass), and somehow made the layup. The energy Lin expended at the defensive end of the floor bordered on insane. But the remainder of the Knicks team was exhausted, and were a step slow all night.

This game followed the game in Philly where Lin had 16 points in the 4th quarter (and a critical blocked three point shot on defense) to preserve a close Knicks win. The game preceded the rout win at home vs. Detroit, which turned out to be Lin's last game in a Knicks uniform.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Zone defense is how Toronto stopped Lin I believe. he played toronto twice. Second match up they tried to trap him and send double teams his way. Didn't work. Then they ran zone defense his way the third match up. That worked from what I remember. His outside shot needs improvement.