1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Um, Lin's best stretch in NY was without Carmelo and partly without Stoudemire.

2. onreego

onreego Member

Weren't his worst games the ones with Melo on the floor.

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin's best games were played without Carmelo or Amar'e. But of course, with all the hypes about him, it was every team's agenda to shut him down. The Heats admitted that much.

4. Jimes

Jimes Member

I hope he is able to command that much attention. That would validate his contract and more for me. We still have Mr. Evil Grin you know.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wish they put 5 people on Lin, That way Lamb and Donuts gets more shots

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Not using the Heat game as an example (I was thinking more of the Rubio games), but teams with a good defense, especially a good pesky defensive guard could easily accentuate Lin's turnover problems.

And it's true his best games were without Stoudemire and Carmelo, but they were also the first games where the other teams had only 2-3 games to review Lin's skillset, so I don't take that into consideration. There's simply not enough games to make a conclusive assertion of his ability to play vs. heavy defensive pressure.

I think he'll be able to overcome his deficits somehow (he has an entire summer to work on this), just interested in how he's going to do it. I can't help but think that if he gets rid of his turnover problems he could be something special.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't think teams will really try to do that that much. The rockets won't be winning a ton of games because of sheer lack of inexperience. I find it difficult to see teams extending that much energy towards doing that for a team that isn't winning much. Teams double or triple team a player when he has a ton of talent surrounding him and not so much when there isn't a lot of talent surrounding him. You don't see guys focusing on John Wall like that.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

You also have to remember that there are not a lot of team who have the talent to provide that heavy defensive pressure. The raptors tried to throw double teams or triple teams at him (in the second match up) and that didn't really work because they don't have the best defenders. The third match up they threw a zone defense and that worked because his outside shot wasn't up to par. The bulls just put Rose on him who forced him left all game and Lin had like 15 pts 8 assists, 3 blocks 3 steals 3 TO's.

9. Alex L.

I just rewatched the Bulls game this morning! The block on Rose was spectacular!

The third match up against the Raptors, Lin was playing with his knee hurt... it was brutal.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Did you watch the bulls game online? If so do you have a link.

11. Alex L.

12. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I think the lakers game shows everything he's made of...he's going to be
    a pit bull, like that other num 7-he has more skills, ball handling, better shot that Lowry, and seems taller maybe bc he's skinny but isnt Lin 6'4 ? Hmm ...I watched the
    streak when it happened, and it was def cool to see a guy just balling.
    Lakers game was my fave bc Kobe's statement about how he didn't know who Lin was -trying to get in his head-Lin said after the game well I guess he knows me now (something similar)

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

By your logic, the first few starts of every player should be the best games of their career.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

From a knicks realgm board.

NevaGivinKnixUp wrote:
    As some of you may recall, I posted a video of my son Heartbroken over Lin leaving the Knicks. Well, that video now has close to 12,000 views and Jeremy Lin's business manager has reached out to me about having my son meeting him via Skype!

He's also sending my son a signed#7 Lin Rockets jersey. Would I be a complete douche if I asked for a Knicks signed jersey instead or as well?

Also thanks to all that have taken part of sharing the video to bring the views up, everyone said really nice things about my son. I appreciate it.

15. rawool

rawool Member

Mon., Dec. 17 — Rockets at Knicks -- How do you go from Jeremy Linsanity to Jeremy Linvisible in the space of just 10 months? Well, after his 15 minutes of fame made him a worldwide celebrity, Jeremy Lin signed a three-year, $25.1 million free agent contract with Houston and the Knicks turned him out like he was Fredo Corleone. Now Lin makes his first trip back to Madison Square Garden in a visiting uniform and it will be interesting to see whether the old fans give him a roaring welcome to Manhattan or a Bronx cheer.

-- NBA.com

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yAcK6qG3CEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah I saw this video. It is adorable. Nice of Lin to send him a jersey and talk to the kid through skype.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

"we can still go to a knick game if you want"

"why?"

LOL

19. carayip

carayip Member

Lin's sending him a Rockets jersey and wants to convert the kid into a Rockets fan! Lol!

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Part of that was Tyson Chandler I think. Chandler is a very good PnR guy and a fantastic finisher at the rim. Asik sets good picks but he can't do anything besides dunk--he's not quite at even Chandler's level offensively. If we get Dwight Howard I think Lin will have a fantastic season because I think those two would be an amazing fit. Dwight is basically Tyson Chandler x2.