1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Bucher: Herp

Broussard: Derp

Stephen A Smith: BLERPA HERPA DERP!!!

Translation? We're all butt-hurt and feeling very much exposed as hacks right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ESPN has been embarrassing throughout this whole thing.

3. VanityHalfBlack

82 game season, holy ****... We gotta take it one step at a time, it's gonna be a long haul...

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LMAO. Why is he still talking?

5. blackistan

blackistan Member

So whos going to backup lin

6. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Fortunately for themselves, they never have to apologize for the 90 percent of the time that they're wrong...but they get to gloat about the 10 percent of the time that they're right.

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Looks like someone had fun with Dolan's wikipedia entry. (Dolan's a front man for a blues band in his spare time supposedly)

[​IMG]

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

NY isnt a melting pot. It's very polarized.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

f off

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Charles Barkley:

**(Lin going to Houston. Who benefited?): Lin did. He don't have to deal with that crap in NY. He wold have gotten the blame. I don't think they're any good. No defense and can't rebound. He would have gotten some blame as the season progresses. Houston doing some good stuff down there, Morey and McHale. If they get Dwight, they'll be even better.

**Everybody is worrying about that last year. The big picture, the contract is the average for a starting point guard, maybe less.

**(Why not S&T?): You're asking me to think what the Knicks are going to do, when's the last time NY made a good basketball decision?

**(Dwight Howard situation): Don't ask me about it. It's crazy. Talking about stupid stuff. I'm a big Howard fan. I don't understand why he doesn't want to go to LA or Chicago. He needs to make a decision. This is worse than the LeBron stuff. He don't get to dictate. You can't give up your whole franchise for Bynum or Howard if they don't re-sign. ... If you see the way the NBA is structured, you see Miami, you got to get help. You wanting to be the man, he better go somewhere to get some help. Whether it's with Rose in Chicago, Williams in Brooklyn or Kobe in LA, you're not beating the Heat unless you get some help. You're not beating that team being a one man team. These players should be saying 'I got to get with some stars now.' You got to get some help or you're not beating them in the next 3-4 years.

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

NY only gave Lin a chance when all their PGs went down with injuries. They act like they are the reason for his play. He is the reason for his play and he got the opportunity by default not as a favor. And they could have still had him back but for some very strange reason they decided to sign an out of shape Felton instead.

Lin is his own man just as he should be. Welcome back Jeremy

12. JohnTs

JohnTs Member

Why can't New Yorkers be upset. It's a very conflicted time for us right now.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Being upset is ok. Calling him racist name, a traitor, etc and making it seem like its his fault for leaving is where its messed up. Dolan has plenty and why in the world would you sign Felton? Goran left the Rockets after he bloomed when Lowry went down. Nobody called him names. Nobody called him a traitor. Yes there was anger but it was toward management...and he was an UFA.

Lin is his own man and signing for more money is the natural thing to do. You could have matched but management chose not to. Who is really to blame here?

14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Check this thread out for my statistical analysis of Lin.

15. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

lol so bitter.. heh

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t45jqsVSJWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. fishmike

fishmike New Member

happy for Rocket fans. Lin is a gym rat. Lin deflects all praise to his teammates. Lin owns all criticism. This kid works really hard. He's got GREAT court vision and he attacks the paint and the basket. Surround him with athletic guys who play hard and you will have at the very worst a fun competitive squad.

Lin is tough and plays hard. He's got durability issues for sure, because you cant be his size and play at that pace without getting beat up. Very few can, so he will need some adjustments, but he's smart.

Rockets got a good player and a good gamble at the worst. Dolan and MSG got a gift from the basketball gods, and they dumped on it, which is consistant with Dolan's track record of anything good that accidentally stumbles into that organization.

Good luck Jeremy and thanks for the only memorable part of the 2011-12 Knicks season

17. JohnTs

JohnTs Member

I agree 100%. I think it's pretty humorous that people are calling him a traitor, like the dude isn't supposed to try to get as much guaranteed money as he can. I also think the racist comments are completely out of line for a guy who made a business decision for himself.

As where LeBron had a choice of where he wanted to go, Lin didn't have that much of a choice; his destiny was to be determined by whoever wanted him more, not necessarily vice versa.

If Knicks fans are really mad and don't want to express their anger to Dolan they should look to Morey --- He's the one who set the proverbial bar so high it made Dolan reconsider offering.

You can't fault Lin (or his agent) for trying to get the most money.

I am a HUGE Lin and Knicks fan. You may have seen me on TV the night he torched the Lakers, as I was the guy with the orange, "ALL I DO IS LIN LIN LIN" shirt (ESPN gave me like 40sec of airtime!).

I'm gonna miss that kid. There was one moment in the Lakers game I was watching on TV (I DVR'd it to re-watch when i got home), the Knicks were up 41-49 going into halftime, and Lin was playing great but couldn't take advantage of Tyson Chandler for any alley-oops. Before they let him go into the lockerroom, Lisa Salters him a quick 1st half interview. I remember a very intriguing part of the conversation:

Salters: "So, how difficult has it been to get the ball inside like you usually do"

Lin: "Well we've been trying to do some different things but I need to get guys like Tyson and Amar'e more involved. I'm gonna go watch some tape right now"

Salters: "How do you see the.....wait, you're going to look at the tape right now?"

Lin: "yeah, right now."

.....and he went and watched the tape, came back out, and was able to utilize Tyson more effectively en route to having an unbelievable overall game.

This kid appears to have the type of work ethic that is extremely hard to come by, especially in the big bad world of the NBA where it's easier to be flashy than fundamental. Watching game tape at halftime is just one small example of the ways in which this kid will try to better himself.

While I understand the logic of the Knicks deciding not to bring him back, I don't necessarily agree with it; but you never have to agree with the decision your team makes, and so I will take this with a (very large) grain of salt, and hopefully Lin becomes a very solid NBA player.

The sneak in me would think that this is a Knicks move to set themselves up to trade away Amar'e and get CP3, but I think we all know by now that Dolan isn't very good at poker.

1 person likes this.
  18. JohnTs

JohnTs Member

I'm not bitter, you're misunderstanding.

By the way that video made my entire morning! Hilarious!!

19. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Loved the shirt man. Especially with DJ Khaled playing at the arena.

20. JohnTs

JohnTs Member

Haha thanks man. Was perfect they played the song at the same time. Some Taiwanese company put my shirt up on eBay and used my picture at the game for advertising!!!

I emailed them and never got a reply. Figured they'd try to pay me off with 100 bhat, which is like 3 dollars ROFL.