1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

2. Asian Sensation

Sorry RR 1 month of good basketball in the first half of the REGULAR SEASON isn’t going to change mind or anybody else’s that’s worth a damn. 2nd round exit like always. Don’t worry I’ll remind you.

And I’m not listening to that fooking wanker

[​IMG]

Left Block Problem 74 likes this.
  3. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

Like in the 4th Quarter of a blow out against the Pacers?

BTW., never said that Kawhi treated Harden like a subordinate. But it is clear that Hardens main role now is facilitator instead of being the first offensive option that he was in the Houston days.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I agree that Harden's more of a facilitator at this point than a scorer, but that is because he has two other good scorers next to him, and the Clippers needed a facilitator. He did the same thing in Brooklyn as well.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, those critics are just waiting for the playoffs so they can show themselves again.

jim1961 and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Offensively, I 100% agree with you. No freaking doubt.

I guess I question whether we would of developed the same defensive identity we have now. FVV hustles out there, never takes plays off. Harden won't give you his all, which would likely be putting a lot more pressure on Sengun potentially leading to more fouls. I obviously credit coach Udoka for establishing that defensive identity, but at the same time, would Brooks to help establish that identity with our young guys. Harden, for as a great player as he is, will take games off when **** isn't going his way. His effort will go south. It doesn't mean that I think he would negatively influence our young players, after all, historically young players have done great with Harden (i.e. Maxey, Claxton, Bruce Brown, Danuel House, etc).

I do questions if we would have the identity we have now. I don't know. Would we be in as many close games as possible if our defense is not as good? I don't know. We would for sure have a closer, but if we are screwing up defensive assignments, could we be as good as we are now? Maybe we are the same team.

I don't know man, I love FVV. I personally am a fan of plain oatmeal.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Step 1 - Harden moves/gets new teammates

Step 2 - HOT TAKE - "I'm not sure how JAMES HARDEN is going to fit with CP3/RUSS/KEVIN DURANT/KYRIE/JOEL EMBIID/PAUL GEORGE/KAWHI LEONARD because HE DOMINATES THE BALL! He thinks he's a SYSTEM! James Harden's HELIOCENTRIC style doesn't fit!

Step 3 - "OH WOW who knew James Harden was so good at facilitating and fitting into a new system with new teammates, it's a revelation!"

ramotadab, Nook, BallSoHarden and 7 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am actually tired of it all, if he can win his chip than win it for I care....I am tired of his passive aggressive shtick....

Nobody needs that.

One of the All time greats but off the court he is just a flamboyant narcissist....

GermanRakete and cheke64 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not like Harden is a sieve defensively and can’t be part of a good defensive team

Dillon Brooks went out and the defense plummeted to 22nd in the league since with FVV on the court, and that’s with the beating we gave Detroit

we wouldn’t be as good defensively with Harden instead of FVV, but we wouldn’t go from really good to below average either, and I know for sure we wouldn’t be ranked 18th on offense…I bet we’d be ranked around 9th or 10th on that end

half the reason we’re in all these close games is because the offense is often garbage and we struggle to put points on the board…FVV just this past week finally managed to get his FG% over 40% on the season and bump his TS% up to a career high 56%…seems every other game he was going 3-11 or 6-17 from the field until recently

ain’t no way we are the same team replacing FVV with Harden…defense a bit worse, offense much better

Harden a whole bacon, eggs, and toast

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good for you, man!

[​IMG]

ramotadab, daywalker02 and ElPigto like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree with 100% of what you said. I still did NOT want Harden back. It is not about this year it's about the coming years when he is older. The team is not good enough to win with Harden this year (the young players are all still improving obviously) but would then hamper the team in later seasons. FVV is doing an excellent job in helping the team in a myriad of different ways. The future of the Rockets depends on their own drafted players not Harden of FVV.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Playoffs are all that matters. This generation is all about participation trophies...

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. StroudAndYorDaddy

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the clippers are one of the better defensive teams. there is your answer.

15. ExTexanNowEastCoast

If Harden was PG, Sengun would probably average 28 ppg in like 32 minutes.

People have short memories: remember how good Capela, Terrance Jones, And Donatas Montejunas looked playing with Harden?

Reeko, ramotadab and clos4life like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No man, that's not the answer, but thanks for trying.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Sure el Gordo. Like it or not any team is better with Harden than van vleet.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

last 15 games for the Clippers

13-2 record

-1st in FG% at 51.6%
    -1st in 3 point % at 41.4%
    -1st in free throw % at 85.8%
    -2nd in offensive rating at 124.2
    -3rd in point differential at +7.8

they are basically the Big 3 Brooklyn Nets with better defense

Deuce, ramotadab, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden with another masterpiece performance against KD’s overrated ass

20. Nook

Nook Member

Harden was 6 of 8 from the floor …. for 19 points… 8 rebounds… 10 assists… +25 on the night.

Perfect from the line and he was matched up with Beal most the night, who made one shot in 30 minutes.

Always have to worry about the other shoe falling with Harden, but he is monster in his mid 30’s.

JoeBarelyCares and ramotadab like this.