1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lmao. Lue needs to be careful not to piss off the septic "system".

gatsby, grape and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good post. I think we'd have to place McHale (locally "Milk Hair") on our wall of coaching shame too. Haha.

Left Block Problem 74 likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hahaha. Right? I mean, if you're going to have Harden on your team, I think you have to give him the ball a lot of the time. He's still a good ball-handler and facilitator. Putting him off the ball and handing the reigns to Russ? Not sure exactly what Lu is thinking, but maybe he's hoping to be fired and have some free time in early 2024.

Tuckmose and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden deferred to Russ during that year he was with Houston. It worked well once you put shooters all around Russ. I think the Clippers are going to have the same issue since you'll have Zubak and him taking up space not allowing drives to the basket. With Kawhi and PG there, you still have those guys that work the mid-range game, so maybe you won't be able to shut that offense down as easily.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think getting the right players around Hakeem had something to do with it.
    I also think Hakeem was unlocked before Rudy came along.
    Getting Kenny, Max, Horry, Elie and Thorpe unlocked was Rudy's bigger accomplishment.

7. Left Block Problem 74

Man, I get mad just thinking about how he was mismanaged. Dude was the real "unicorn". There was no answer for him. Just watching him go to work in the 09 Portland Series you seen his impact. That dude was the best center from at least 2006 on. Maybe earlier, but I'm probably biased.

The dude told Chris Kamen, "You can't f******g stop me". lol

8. Left Block Problem 74

I was going to type it exactly like that too. lol

I just didn't want anybody coming for my head cause of the comeback against the Clippers and benching James. I seen a picture where his clip board was literally like scribble not a clear concise play. lol "The ball got sticky" wow.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

So, the Clips are still going to start Westbrick along with Harden?

Dont expect that to last very long. Dumb and dumber.
    Too many ego's there.
    Doomed.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

well Westbrook has played well, and Mann is still injured so it really has to be this way. I do feel eventually it will be Mann over Westbrook, especially to close games. it just makes too much sense to have a 3&D guy in that slot.

jim1961 likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I admit, I hate Harden. I hate the way he punked the city Houston the way he left along with some of the things he did while he was here.
    Westbrook I just think has a over the top image of himself. I dont hate him though.

To clarify, I dont think WB will take well to coming off the bench, and like you said, eventually, that will be whats best for the Clippers IMO.
    I think things there will become a train wreck when this occurs. Also, we just know injuries will play a role as they always do with Kawhi and George.

Its just hard for me to imagine things turning out good for that team with the issues mentioned that almost certainly will transpire.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Blown out by the Knicks.

gatsby, daywalker02, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

This situation is crazy. I don’t think it can be fixed. I will never play for an organization owned by Steve Ballmer.

gatsby, opticon, Easy and 2 others like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

They'll be fine.... ty lue has to figure out the lineups they were terrible today. Bones and powell with james ? I like and respect ty lue a lot but you have to know that doesnt work. It legit looked like james and russ needed to switch places in all lineups. I wonder how long it will take lue to do the inevitable and make russ the sixth man ?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14 points is blowout now?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Knicks led by 20 points in the 4th. Clippers got back a little in garbage time.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Borderline, I mean, yeah, the game was close to the final Q.

This probably happens to a team that has not got their kinks straightened out.

The Knicks are a very good team that has been together for a while IMO.....a team without a clear superstar but a couple of All Stars.

Sort of what the 00s Pistons were. Sort of like the Rockets now but further ahead.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Harden era Clippers are now officially 0-1.

I may die of laughing if the Rox end up with a better record than Harden's Clippers this year.
    Better have an ambulance standing by :D

#378 jim1961, Nov 6, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    grape, GermanRakete and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Norman Powell is good or Terrance Mann starting. Or PJ Corner3.

Either Harden or WB comes off the bench, likely Brodie.

20. PeppermintCandy

I believe their starting lineup was actually doing pretty good before the trade? They seemed to be figuring out how to play with Westbrook.

I wonder if Harden would buy into a sixth man role. Become the "system" that drives the second unit.

cheke64 likes this.