1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Despite the 2 INT's, I think today proved that Schaub can still sling it when need be. He's not posting the huge numbers he had in '09 and '10 but that's because we've been playing from ahead most of the season and have been running more and passing less as a result. We were playing from behind a lot and were in a lot of shootouts a few years ago (the Redskins game in 2010 comes to mind) so Matt and Andre racked up the yards pretty good. We don't want to get into shootouts and we haven't been, but we know that we can still win those games with Schaub and 'Dre leading the way.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

2012 stats
    1. playing with a lead...check
    2. ending games on defense...check
    3. ending games on offense..check
    4. rebounding after a bad loss...check
    5. playing from behind and winning...check
    6. playing with only a dominant defense...check
    7. playing primarily run offense...check
    8. playing primarily pass offense...check
    9. winning even though we lost on the turnover battle...check
    10. winning a prime time game...check

left to do:
    1. win the title
    2. shut down an elite QB(not coming off an injury)

3. Poloshirtbandit

Not a bad decision. I think at that point they just wanted to end the game one way or another. Not like they are in the running for a playoff spot.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I had him on the bench today. Of course, I have Brees as my starter so it's not like I was going to start him any way...especially in a game you wouldn't have guessed he go bonkers like that.

5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Totally fine by them, especially given the Texan's proclivity to ineptitude on D and that Henne's passing game was on. Another big factor is that if the Texans got the ball back, they would have had 4 downs to use in many situations, and Schaub had hit something like 17 guys in a row so I don't mind them taking a shot there.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

(nobody mention how good of a play call it was at the time... because play-calling should only be pointed out when it DOESN'T work out). ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah... or they were figuring that if they punt the ball away, there's no way at all they're going to win (and the Texans could still possibly go the length of the field regardless).

They pick up a 10 yard gain, they're in FG range for a WIN. Texans would probably do the same thing.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Not a chance in hell. Not even with the defense we had in 2010....

9. Raven

Raven Member

The Texans are going to win the Super Bowl this season.

Book it.

10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

they said on the radio there were 3 kickers who tried out on Wednesday. I had to turn off the radio at just that moment so I didnt catch the end. Does anyone know what the story is on that??

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

The worst game of the year (well not counting Green Bay) turned into the best game, BECAUSE, the team looked done, finished, late in the game, BUT they roared back and Won It! This kind of comeback really defines a team, proves character, stiffens resolve.

I am still waiting for the day when Reliant is "death valley," one of the most feared home field advantages. Now, teams roll in hear like it belongs to them. I don't like that, and it shouldn't be so.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
    Texans CB Johnathan Joseph says he will have an MRI Monday on his sore hamstring. He said it's mainly to find the best ways to treat it.

Arian Foster on Matt Schaub throwing for 527 yards, tied for 2nd most ever: "I get kind of tired of defending him to the national media." "I feel like he's one of the best QBs in the NFL. He throws one of the best balls in the game."

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

whoaa....:(

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Andre's TD the number one play on SNF's "Sunday 7"

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Patriots looks scary.. Scoring 59 points... Insane.. Do not want to face them.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Proving they can come back too, the were down early.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

DR: Texans win Superbowl__________XXXX
    ___CR: Defense_______________________XXXX

18. Grape_Swisha281

"All the good teams find a way to win, no matter if it's ugly, pretty or whatever,In the win column, it either says 'W' or 'L.' They don't ask how you got it done."
    -Andre Johnson

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I dunno. I still feel like last year's game vs. the Bengals was more exciting than this one.

20. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Awesome quote