1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 25, 2007.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Mario is now tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks with DeMarcus Ware. Jared Allen passed him for the lead in the AFC with 2.0 sacks today. Pray Ware doesn't have any more sacks in the 2nd half against Washington, or Mario will fall to 4th overall. Also pray that Elvis Dumervil, Greg Ellis (is he even playing?) and Kyle Vanden Bosch are kept quiet. (Dumervil has 0.5 sacks today already, unfortunately.)

On another note, who the hell is Pierre Thomas? In his first (and last) start of the year for New Orleans, he had more rushing and receiving yards against Chicago than Reggie Bush has been able to produce in any of his starts this year.

2. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Good win for the Texans and I'm happy all things considered we finished 8-8 on the season.

BUT, we made Quinn Gray look like an All-Pro out there! Huh? The D's performance was largely embarrassing. Definitely lots of improvement for next year STILL!

Too bad for Mario not getting any sacks today but, it looked like one possibly two times he got held and no call for offensive holding on the Faguar OL counterpart. :rolleyes:

But, how about that Andre Davis! WOW! Has that ever happened in a game before? Back to back kickoffs and back to back TD's?

Andre Davis, the hero of the day! :D

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Didn't see a down of this game thanks to comcast service going out in my area from 11-4pm

thanks crapcast!

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

AD is the 7th in history to return 2 KO's for TD's. We can now say there is a Texan with a record that's actually a positive.

I'm extremely happy about this game. Yeah, the defense didn't look great but they still found another way to win. That's what good teams do. It's a great way to go into the offseason. Free agents will look at this team a little differently this time. Finally, the Texans are not a losing team.

Good job today and great job on the season.

GO TEXANS!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

With all the injuries we had this season, I'll gladly take 8-8. Hopefully we'll see significant improvements next season. Finally glad to see this franchise in some sort of direction.

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Injuries are just a part of the game in the NFL. The Texans would have finished 8-8 for the season without the injuries. They should have finished 7-9 had the Jaguars thought this was an important game for them. Now let's see if the Texans can make the playoffs next year. They can go 10-6 next year, but if they don't make the playoffs then to me it is an unsuccessful season.

7. updawg

updawg Member

good win. glad to see them finish 8-8. hopefully they can carry over some positive momentum into next season.

(I really hope they are on track now. I think they are)

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

uh, we didn't just have some injuries. At one time we had the most in the NFL, and to some of our best players like Andre. I would say it cost us a game or two.

9. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Disagree. No Andre Johnson for 7 weeks cost us 2 maybe 3 wins (both Tenn games, ATL game) at least. You can't replace Pro Bowlers and superstars with just good players. Plus, Earl and Simmons would've been key contributors if not starters in your secondary then, on top of that we lost Dunta, our pro bowl CB. Yes injuries are part of the game but, we lost A LOT of talent due to injuries. How much better would we have been had Ahman been healthy? More consistent running game possibly a playoff team. It could have happened but ... oh well. We'll see next year!

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

Thanks for not including Matt Schaub in your post reply. Yes, he is way better than the Lemon, but his lack of arm strength is a big concern, moreso than him being injury prone.

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

How does getting a concussion from a illegal hit, and a separated shoulder from a hard sack make Schaub injury prone?

He doesn't have a reoccurring injury. He just got the crap beat out of him.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Saw that...rushed for over 100 yards, caught 12 pass for over a 100 yards.

Simple explanation: Reggie Bush sucks.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think Schaub's problem is not know how to take a hit more than being injury prone. he leaves himelf wide open for some of the most vicious hits that don't have to be as bad as they are.

14. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

As for Schaub, I'll give him a mulligan. When he was teamed up with AJ first two weeks, the offense showed signs of legitimacy to dare I say good? We'll see how he looks come next year. Remember, that was his first REAL year in the NFL. But understand your POV.

15. msn

msn Member

Yes, David Carr was much better at curling into fetal position just in time to avoid the season-ending injury. :D