1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Indians @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wrigley is the most over-rated ballpark I've ever been to and it's not even close. Went to old County Stadium the night after my game at Wrigley and had an infinitely better time. The ONLY thing Wrigley had over County Stadium was the neighborhood surrounding it. As far as the stadiums themselves, eh, both old and rickety but Wrigley was cold and uncomfortable and filled with just as you described it a bunch of disengaged people who were there to be there. Wanna hear a cool story, bro? My game in Milwaukee was the night after Spiers got jumped in right field...every Brewer fan I interacted with that night apologized for the incident and couldn't have been nicer. A great night at the ballpark except for the shellacking the 'Stros took.

And I think I've discussed this with you before, but my experience at Fenway was...the...worst. Sat in center field in a seat that gave me an unobstructed view of Pesky's Pole unless I turned my head 45 degrees to the right and was surrounded by some of the drunkest, most ignorant and vilely racist Massholes in existence. And, of course, in the late innings of complete drubbing of the home team, the inevitable, "Yankees Suck!" chant began...despite the fact they were being dismantled by the Rangers. There was nothing magical or charming about either Wrigley or Fenway to me. The true gem of all the early 20th century parks? Old Tiger Stadium. I loved that place the moment I walked through the tunnel. So, of course, they tore it down.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

The dandelions are stealing hits. Breakout tonight against Bauer by the 2-3-4 hitters.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Funny to read this thread about all the anecdotal experiences... like the last person who said he had the best experience in Tiger Stadium.

To me, that was the worst of all of them.... a dump in a dump of a city (granted my experience there was when the stadium was literally on its last legs, and they seemed to stop caring about it).

Had nothing but good experiences at Fenway, County and Wrigley. Of the three, been to Wrigley the most and had a great experience each time (and the surrounding area is unmatched).

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Reading this thread makes me upset we had to miss the game last night. Getting the Jones for some peanuts and cracker jack, the National Anthem, and severely overpriced beer, and great baseball in MMP.

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

In todays game, we might actually see some offense :grin:

6. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Is there a way to watch the game online?

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Already down one, were gonna have to break out the bats.

8. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

shaky inning by Wojo. Lucky to escape with only 1 run

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

well the K machine is in full force. Springer-Gattis-Carter all K'ed in the 1st with 2 guys on base :(

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Springer is such a poser. He only could strike out with 1 guy.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Pretty lame, Milhouse.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

These lead off doubles have to stop.

13. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I dont like the way we are hitting, too many K's. We need a more balance lineup with guys willing to cut on K's and walk more. This team is full of all or nothing, and the majority of the time we are going to get nothing.

To have Gattis and Carter hitting back to back is awful, i prefer to see a guy like Lowrie hitting 5th and Carter 6

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Wtf? Piss poor attempt by the catcher

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Man that's some little league bullsht, hank.

16. The Drake

The Drake Member

What a bummer

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I dont want to see Conger catch many games this year, Castro is much better
    I hope they use this guy the same way they used Corporan, and lets hope Stassi is up fast this year.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Indians equal run total of first two games in two innings :(

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Have you watched a lot of Conger's games?

Has there even been enough games to watch him?

Castro "could" be much better with the bat... but he actually has to do it... and he could always DH while Conger catches.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn, wish RSSW had an online feed like FSSW or espn etc. I'd love to watch this one on my phone.